The South Pacific
Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Fudgetopia Hall of Government (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-12.html)
+----- Forum: Judicial District (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-49.html)
+------ Forum: High Court Cases Archive (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-175.html)
+------ Thread: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf (/thread-2000.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Wolf - 03-26-2015

Actually, no one is even close to saying "the past is the past" in any capacity at all.

Are you even reading the same thread as everyone else?

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Xoriet - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 05:26 PM)Darkstrait Wrote: *yawns*
The way I'm seeing it, Unibot has found legitimate evidence to prove his point, while Wolf and the others only cite examples of others--- not relevant to the discussion, as these others were never involved in TSP--- or wave it off as "the past is the past", which is one of the most bullshit arguments ever.

I believe that this post is a textbook example of "I simply don't care what is being discussed here as long as I get my way."

Unibot is arguing the past without examples of TSP, because TSP was never couped by Empire. We are explaining why we find his accusation to be incorrect. History lessons are beneficial to your ability to contribute to NationStates overall.

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Darkstrait - 03-26-2015

I am a busy person. I simply do not have the time, nor the resources, to poke into NS history. There's just too much of it.

If I were to receive the necessary resources, I might consider it.

But I see this as an attempt to draw the conversation off topic.

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Unibot - 03-26-2015

Quote:If the players within the region which was couped during that time agreed with your insistence that The Empire of The East Pacific was simply The Empire sitting around there, they would not be repeatedly disagreeing with you. Your arguments are that your perception is the only correct one, and imply that those who have stated otherwise are guilty of historical revisionism.

On the contrary, I don't dispute that The Empire formed a government (however illegitimate) in The East Pacific, but "The Empire of The East Pacific" is still anachronism - that's not how The Empire described itself and it's not how natives at the time described it.

"I hereby announce the rise of The Empire and the cleansing of The East Pacific. We have freed The East Pacific from her chains of inequity. The East Pacific has been purified; it is now the seat of power for The Empress and the Empire. " - Neenee. 2008.

"In August, a group calling themselves the Empire took control of the region, under the leadership of two nations, Lady Phedre and Biyah. In our opinion, the Empire appeared to be a group of nations who enjoyed invading and raiding regions. The East Pacific was their latest conquest." - A Slanted Black Stripe. 2008.

Your attempt to draw a distinction between The Empire historically and now is a false distinction - there isn't nearly as much discontinuity as you suggest there is. It was an organisation that couped The East Pacific and tried to establish a local government; Evil Wolf was a member of its Imperial Council - a member of an organisation, not a region. Evil Wolf failed to note in his Conflict of Interests that he was involved with The Empire explictly. 

The Empire directly couped and attempted to organise a state in The East Pacific - it was an organisation of experienced gameplayers as A Slanted Black Stripe writes in 2008 - mostly an outsider band of former invaders and defenders who used their skills to try to establish a new state in The East Pacific through force, manipulation and subversion.

Finally, I also agree with Darkstrait that these posts from Xoriet and Evil Wolf have been simply a series of red-herrings after red-herrings.

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Darkstrait - 03-26-2015

May I also add that in my opinion, blurring the line between the Empire and TEP is like saying that the Nazi regime is the same as Germany.

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Wolf - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 07:20 PM)Unibot Wrote: On the contrary, I don't dispute that The Empire formed a government (however illegitimate) in The East Pacific, but "The Empire of The East Pacific" is still anachronism - that's not how The Empire described itself and it's not how natives at the time described it.

So you agree with me it was a government, but you disagree with me that it was a government and say it was an organization?

No, that makes perfect sense. I don't see how that wouldn't make any sense to anyone. Ever.

(03-26-2015, 07:30 PM)Darkstrait Wrote: May I also add that in my opinion, blurring the line between the Empire and TEP is like saying that the Nazi regime is the same as Germany.

Godwin's Law.

Read it, learn it, live it.

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Xoriet - 03-26-2015

Red herring, is it? Unibot, you're using propaganda to back up your arguments. Furthermore, you're trying to discredit me with the same logic you've been spouting all along. Empire used that specific angle because TEP was and is a RP region. According to their own members they were careful to keep RP as one of the main proponents.

Wolf was a member of the coup government. They called that government The Empire. However, the group that could be considered the core of what is the organization did not include Wolf as a member. The core members brought Wolf in for the government of The East Pacific Empire, not for the organization itself. There is a massive difference therein.

You refuse to acknowledge this, or to ask The Empire themselves about this. Why? Because the answers won't fit your aim. And you are well known for spreading as much fear regarding them as you can. Apparently without much evidence obtained from the people, as propaganda is your best friend. Politically, propaganda is a good ally...until you use it to argue the facts of the matter.

If you wish to see Wolf out of his legally elected position, why don't you try something more credible?

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Hopolis - 03-26-2015

Can I remind everyone that this is a thread for a legal question. Please keep discussion unrelated to the question or submitting amicus briefs to a minimum. Thank you.

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Unibot - 03-27-2015

Thank you, Justice Hospolis.

RE: Legal Question - CoI for Evil Wolf - Wolf - 03-27-2015

Yes, thank you Justice Hopolis.

I know that, in the end, sanity will prevail.