The South Pacific
Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Downtown South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-57.html)
+----- Forum: NationStates Discussion Centre (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-110.html)
+------ Forum: South Pacific Independent News Network (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-89.html)
+------ Thread: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System (/thread-1434.html)

Pages: 1 2

Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - TAC Saxton - 01-09-2015

Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System

(9 January 2015)-The South Pacific

Recently, The South Pacific has adapted a regional currency, the Drama Llama. I know what you're thinking "Why a Drama Llama?" Well, maybe we can attribute this to the general influence of the internet, but wait, it gets better. We now have a system that generates and manages this new weird currency. That's right, you can now earn your very own pile of fictional currency. How can you do this? Well, there are various ways to earn your keep. Most of it includes the basic operations of any forum:

Start a topic
Reply to a topic
Visit the forum
Refer someone to the forum
Vote (that's right, we now get monetary incentives to vote)
Popularity (YOU get money when someone else replies to your thread)

The more profitable method for gaining money is serving the region. Those who serve the region, or have in the past get a nice fat pension every month as per Executive Orders 001, 003, and 004, issued by former Delegate  and current Minister of Regional Affairs, Kringalia, in the final week of his term. Having read up to this point, you're probably asking yourself "What's the point? Can I spend this fictional currency?" To answer that, I decided to interview Kringalia:

TAC: Welcome Kris Tounge
Near the end of your term as Delegate, you issued some Executive Orders, which established pensions with TSP's fancy new currency, the Drama Llama

Kris: Indeed

TAC: Why the Drama Llama for regional currency? Is this simply an example of the general influence the internet has on people?

Kris: Drama Llamas is a cool name, and it kinda fits with who we are as a region: sometimes we have drama, but in the end we have a good time and take the best out of it.

TAC: Did you have any ideas of setting up a functional economy before/after the points system was introduced?

Kris: You know, we actually had a functioning economy system in the previous forum. We earned money with our posts, we could donate to other users, we could use the money to "buy" products and even had a lottery. So when we moved to a new forum, there was always the hope of having an economy system again. But we only got to have one because Llamas insisted on it and gave Glen some options for economy systems.

TAC: Do you have any intentions of bringing back the lottery?

Kris: It would be nice, but right now I think it would be better to focus on having things to "buy" with your money. Since we can give or take money from any user, we could always make our own lottery and just add that money to the winner.

TAC: Which leads me to my next question. Can we expect to be able to spend our new-found wealth on something other than Role-play at some point?

Kris: I believe the economy plugin has an option to add products, so that is an option that I hope to explore. I'm not sure at this point, since Glen is the one who installed it.

TAC: Is there a potential Gambling Industry in the foreseeable future?

Kris: We'll see! I might just lock the Fellowship staff in one room until they come up with a cool project for our economy system. Tounge

TAC: *gulp*

TAC: Lastly, a completely unrelated question. Do you remember Subservient Chicken?

Kris: I'm not at liberty to answer that question. "They" might catch me.

TAC: *put's hands together* Excellent

Kris: Oh dear

TAC: Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule for this Kris. I look forward to future projects from the ministry and hope to continue working with you and the rest of the staff.

Kris: Likewise!

While nothing has been set in motion, we may get some expansion of TSP's economy. The Drama Llama's journey is just starting and where it goes is unclear. For now, you may want to stock up on as much of this fluffy gold as possible. It won't hurt to prepare yourself. You could be among the mega-rich in TSP, depending on how active you are on the forum.

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - Kris Kringle - 01-09-2015

Good article! Though I do need to point out that salaries and pensions have been drastically reduced, and I will talk to tsu about amending those executive orders.

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - Ryccia - 01-09-2015

Hmm... I've thinking of an idea that might or not work. How about we allow people to make companies and put their products in the shop? And they give money so the government can "fabricate" it? Let's say something like this:
(X) will invent a company selling kitties. (X) will pay an amount of money to the government(like 30% or 50% of how the stock will sell) to "fabricate" the kittens. They are at D 10.00 per kitten and (X) orders a shipping of 100 kittens. If all is sold, (X) will earn D 1,000 and (X) needs to pay D 300(30%), D 500(50%) to the government.

How about it? We can see more items on the market and people could earn profit! Smile

We can even have a ministerial post for it!(It could be either official or RP Position, most likely RP Position). The Minister of the Economy could secure those payments and other economy-related stuff.

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - Darkstrait - 01-10-2015

(01-09-2015, 10:43 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Hmm... I've thinking of an idea that might or not work. How about we allow people to make companies and put their products in the shop? And they give money so the government can "fabricate" it? Let's say something like this:
(X) will invent a company selling kitties. (X) will pay an amount of money to the government(like 30% or 50% of how the stock will sell) to "fabricate" the kittens. They are at D 10.00 per kitten and (X) orders a shipping of 100 kittens. If all is sold, (X) will earn D 1,000 and (X) needs to pay D 300(30%), D 500(50%) to the government.

How about it? We can see more items on the market and people could earn profit! Smile

We can even have a ministerial post for it!(It could be either official or RP Position, most likely RP Position). The Minister of the Economy could secure those payments and other economy-related stuff.

Good ideas! Can I be Minister of the Economy? Smile
No, wait, get this... what of the stuff you sold was produced by your country?

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - Unibot - 01-11-2015

I suggested Drama Llama as the regional animal like a year ago. Tounge

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - Belschaft - 01-11-2015

I am not currently receiving my ridiculously large pension. This clearly needs the attention of an investigative reporter.

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - TAC Saxton - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 03:13 PM)Belschaft Wrote: I am not currently receiving my ridiculously large pension. This clearly needs the attention of an investigative reporter.

You've got 50k, don't complain Tounge

(01-10-2015, 12:47 PM)Darkstrait Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 10:43 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Hmm... I've thinking of an idea that might or not work. How about we allow people to make companies and put their products in the shop? And they give money so the government can "fabricate" it? Let's say something like this:

Good ideas! Can I be Minister of the Economy? Smile
No, wait, get this... what of the stuff you sold was produced by your country?

I think the economy fall's under "Regional Affairs"
A separate ministry wouldn't be necessary.

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - Kris Kringle - 01-11-2015

I did give all former delegates their pension. It just wasn't ridiculously large. Tounge

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - Belschaft - 01-11-2015

The executive orders made the pensions culmative;

I'm owed pensions for two delegacies, a CSS membership, three stints as CoA, two as MoA and a pair of MoFA's.

RE: Got Economy? A Look At Our New Point System - TAC Saxton - 01-11-2015

Actually, I don't think everyone has been afforded a pension equal to their service to the region. By all rights, Tsu, LadyRebels and Fudgie should be the richest in the region. Furthermore, Annex 1 of Executive Order 004 needs to be amended to similar standards as Executive Order 001.