The South Pacific
The Nova: Going to the Source - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Waterfront District (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Lampshade Bar and Grill (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: Badger Street (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-22.html)
+---- Thread: The Nova: Going to the Source (/thread-2150.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Nova: Going to the Source - Ryccia - 04-15-2015

Welcome to The Nova Newspaper HQ! Here, we will release all our articles. Thank you.

Structure:
CEO: Ryccia
Editor-in-Chief: Ryccia
Editor of Australia Affairs: Zak6858
Editor of Puerto Rico Affairs: Ryccia

Reporters:
  • Ryccia
Local Correspondents:
  • Zak6858(Australia)
  • Ryccia(Puerto Rico)

Want to be a The Nova reporter? Apply at the HQ by stating that you want to join us!

RE: The Nova: Going to the Source - Ryccia - 04-15-2015

Issue I
April 15, 2015

Lazarene Coup: Stujenske coups Lazarus, NPO takes over
By Ryccia

[Image: Funk1.jpg]
Photo of People's Spokesperson Funkadelia taken from The Lazarene Gazzete

Lazarus- In April 7, the now former Chairman Stujenske suspended the People's Republic of Lazarus's Constitution, eliminated all opposition along with root administrator Feux in the forums, and took over Lazarus in a coup. Then the PRL went into exile when the New Lazarene Order was declared, which is itself a subordinate of the New Pacific Order, thus making Lazarus a part of The Pacific.

When we asked former NPO Senator Elegarth his current stance about the situation, he said this:
"I have recently left the Senate because I don't agree or condone the actions as they were taken. I will not come and pretend to start on a higher moral ground, but I do believe things could be done diplomatically, Laz and NPO could have legally become one bloc, and not this MESS that has been done. I don't pretend to be better or a defender of anyone. I just disagree with the whole deal, and hence retired myself from the Senate"

Some regions have taken action against The Pacific and Lazarus by suspending their embassies with both regions and by recognizing The People's Republic as the legitimate government of Lazarus. This includes The South Pacific.

Well, how did this all start? The Nova made a small timeline to see what happened:
April 6- Chairman Stujenske suspends and/or hides Articles 2 and 7 from the People's Republic of Lazarus's Constitution. Both articles cannot be removed from this constitution. One of those articles is allegedly the Bill of Rights.

April 7- Chairman Stujenske and/or Root Administrator Feux strip Funkadelia's Administrator Status from him, and ban him without trial, an illegal act. People's Congressmen Toronina and Gulliver were also removed from their seats, and three attempts on a vote of no confidence on Stujenske made by Gulliver were deleted.

April 8-11(?)- The New Lazarene Order is established, a subordinate of the New Pacific Order. The original forums are shut down(?). The People's Republic goes into exile.

And what about Balder?
In Balder, a Grand Nordic Order has been declared, and although it is not a part of the NPO, Balder disbanded its legislature in favor of an appointed senate, a system similar or exactly like the NPO. We don't know if this is a true government change or a joke, but it may be determined in the long run.

The South Pacific holds Special Elections for Minister of Foreign Affairs
By Ryccia

[Image: latest?cb=20130325181647]
Wolf, one of the candidates for Minister of Foreign Affairs

The South Pacific- Special Elections for Minister of Foreign Affairs are being held in The South Pacific, after the results ended in a tie.

The results in the original elections were contested, since the now former Election Commissioner for these elections, Hileville, stated that the results were 24-23, in Wolf's favor. However, some argued that Railana's vote was legitimate. The Court solved this dispute by answering a legal question in which a part states that citizenship is not removed until it is phisically removed and that no retrospective powers of citizenship removal exist.

Kringalia, a forum administrator, will be serving as Election Commissioner for these elections. It should also be noted that TSP's first ever Local Council elections will be underway soon.

The candidates currently running for Minister of Foreign Affairs are:
-Sandaoguo
-Wolf
-Punchwood

RE: The Nova: Going to the Source - Ryccia - 04-15-2015

Any comments?

RE: The Nova: Going to the Source - Darkstrait - 04-20-2015

I think it could be a bit more in-depth, but otherwise it's good.

RE: The Nova: Going to the Source - Ryccia - 08-30-2015

Issue II
August 30, 2015

New Court: ProfessorHenn, Darkstrait, Ryccia and Punchwood elected as Court Justices
By Ryccia

[Image: 1200px-Panorama_of_United_States_Supreme...t_Dusk.jpg]
The High Court building of The South Pacific

Fudgetopia Hall of Government, The South Pacific- The new elected High Court, consisting of ProfessorHenn, Darkstrait, Ryccia and Punchwood.

They now technically succede Sam111, Bonaugure and Tsunamy, which were appointed by Cabinet after former Justices TAC Saxton and Hopolis resigned and former Justice Apad left the region, resulting in the loss of his citizenship and, as a result, lost his status as Court Justice. After resigning, TAC Saxton also left the region.

ProfessorHenn, Darkstrait and Ryccia began their terms in August 15 while Punchwood started in August 21, due to RON having more votes than candidate Sean Nadasky in Round 1 of the Elections, which caused a second round of nominations and vote, were Punchwood was the victor.

Punchwood's campaign came under some controversy, due to critics stating that a Justice must have experties on TSP Law, something that, according to them, he lacks. Punchwood responded that you need to give people a chance, and that there was no one else to elect.

In the light of the controversy of the election, some have suggested to switch from an elected court system to an appointed court system. Some have even think another Great Council should be held.

Punchwood, about his criticism, has answered to The Nova in this comment:
"Ultimately people have the right to say what they want, I'm a firm believer in that. Glen and the SPINN can say what they like, I was elected by 50% of those who voted. I've got a job to do, I'm going to do it. I'm not going to listen to silly name calling"

We reached to Sandaoguo for a comment on the new Court, but he was not available.

RE: The Nova: Going to the Source - Ryccia - 09-22-2015

Issue III
September 22, 2015

Breaking News! TWP Couped by Raiders, regained afterwards
By Ryccia

[Image: Protest-Image-300x201.jpg]
Some West Pacificans protested the ordeal

The West Pacific- A few moments ago, West Pacificans thought that they would wake up to see their chocolate-loving government as usual.

But they woke up to something else.

Raiders of the region DEN took over the West Pacific yesterday. And how they did it was impressive.

The original TWP delegate, UnitedRussoAsia, turned out to be a DEN mole and betrayed the West Pacific, couping the region for DEN and raided the region. The West Pacifican Government went into exile afterwards.

However, this occupation was short-lived.

Mediobogdum, the West Pacifican Government's candidate to regain the delegacy, regained the delegacy last update at the publishing of this article. The region is now in TWP Government Control.

Notes from the Writer: I tried to make this article as objective as I could. I will edit it if DEN regains the region again.

RE: The Nova: Going to the Source - Ryccia - 09-22-2015

Any comments?

RE: The Nova: Going to the Source - Darkstrait - 09-23-2015

I heard about this. First TSP news source to cover it though. Nice work.

The Nova: Going to the Source - Kris Kringle - 09-23-2015

Probably only one too. Any SJ coverage would be a small mention as part of recent SPSF activity.

Nice article though. As a tip, saying something was impressive is probably not ideal if you want your article to be objective. Smile

RE: The Nova: Going to the Source - Ryccia - 09-23-2015

Thanks! Happywide

And it seems like Im not the only one. SPINN reported on it too.

Although their version is larger, what can I say? The Nova is ran by its only writer, who is average. While SPINN and SJ have multiple writers that are more experienced than me and one is even government-endorsed. I recognize that.

But Im still proud of what Im doing. Smile