The South Pacific
Map of the South Pacific - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Treasure Island (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Pacifica (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-109.html)
+---- Forum: Facts and Maps (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-291.html)
+---- Thread: Map of the South Pacific (/thread-241.html)

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Brutland and Norden - 11-29-2015

Rhinotaz and I went on IRC yesterday and he will be in primarily charge of updating the map from now on. We agreed upon these:

Quote:Map Permissions
1. The map is and remains the intellectual property of the player behind Brutland and Norden.
2. The map is free to be used by the region of the South Pacific as long as attribution is made, along with links to this post.

Entrenched Map Rules
3. The map can be used by the South Pacific as long as:
a. having a nation in the South Pacific will be the only requirement to stake a primary (first) claim on the map*.
b. the Cartographer will send the updated file to kyle[dot]hendrick[dot]q[at]gmail[dot]com after every update (so that I will be updated also).

Other Rules
4. Colony spots may constitute only up to 10% of all spots.

Bureau of Cartography Changes
5. Rhinotaz/Noctenos will be the Chief Cartographer of the South Pacific.
6. Brutland and Norden will stay on as Cartographer Emeritus, which is only a fancy name for a post that means that the people at the Bureau of Cartography can still call and ask me for assistance and help. Wink

Others:
* I put this in because I would like to protect the principle in which I had run the map: everyone in the region is entitled to have a place in the map, regardless of citizenship status, or whether they RP or not. Feel free to change the rules for secondary/colonial plots.

Enjoy everyone and I'd like to greet everyone in advance: Happy Holidays! Smile

RE: Map of the South Pacific - ProfessorHenn - 11-29-2015

Happy holidays.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - rhinotaz - 12-01-2015

"Chief Cartographer of the South Pacific". Heh, I could get used to that. Tounge
Thank you, Brutland and Norden, for everything you have done for us. I'll try not to let you down. Happywide

Also, I hope none of you mind it, but I changed the image host from Imgur to Postimg, as Imgur has a nasty habit of downgrading quality and resizing images due to file size.

Map updated up to post #492.
Full changelog for 2.0.0 in the bottom of this post here.
I will be updating the directory soon. The directory has been updated. I'm still not completely sure if it is in sync with the map, but yeah.

Happy holidays! ^_^

(10-11-2015, 11:33 AM)Hammerstar Wrote: snip
I decided not to add the no-fly zone area onto the map in order to keep it readable and as visually clean as possible, specially because it's such a small island. Sorry. If you really think it is a good idea, I can whip something up, but I can't promise it will be clear or readable.

(10-15-2015, 06:31 AM)Darkstrait Wrote: snippity
Adm2805/Santartica already lodged an earlier claim for #017. You may provide me with another location where you'd like your colony to be.

(11-08-2015, 07:55 PM)United Federated States Omega Wrote: sniiiiip
Your post wasn't incredibly clear, so I made do with what I had. I hope I did justice to what you were imagining. If there's anything I can fix, just mention it here and I'll be sure to get it straightened out for the next update.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Ryccia - 12-01-2015

All hail rhinotaz, the new second god of Mapping of the Divine RP Pantheon!

Hail!

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Jay Coop - 12-01-2015

Secondary claim

Nation in the South Pacific*: Winston Island
Nation name*: Winston Island (part of Qvait)
Desired Plot*: 124
Capital*: Monteros
Location of Capital*: southeastern edge of island
Customization:
  • Northwestern edge, city of Cancún
  • Central-western edge, city of Springhaven
  • Central-eastern edge, city of Sonora Pass

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Hammerstar - 12-02-2015

Rhino, if Henn is cancelling his claims for 141, may I have it instead? Put Regal Condottieri there instead.

Nevertheless, change the name Regal Condottieri to Sriwijaya. Change Kanna to Palembang.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - The Solar System Scope - 12-02-2015

(10-24-2015, 03:35 PM)The Solar System Scope Wrote: I don't like ruining this but can you edit my plot just a little?
-Move Black Umbrella to the other side of the peninsula near the Observatory Isle.
-Add a city between former Black Umbrella and Multicoloured Coat on the base of the mountain a city called Warszawa.
Thank you.

This new map making seems interesting. What are you trying to do?

Rhino, you missed mah post.
Also, could you change Hubble Einstein Space Center to Galejofilu Space Center, H.E. is too new.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - rhinotaz - 12-02-2015

Gotcha and gotcha. Sorry for missing your post, Scopie. ;-;
Expect an update by the end of the week.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Hammerstar - 12-02-2015

Merci Beaucoup.

RE: Map of the South Pacific - Ryccia - 12-05-2015

Hey, could you put a city in Kyrini named Valivory? Preferably in the west coast.

Other four cities, Pasayalokos, Nagiokilia, Thesalokiai and Atinas, put them whatever you want them to be.