The South Pacific
Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Waterfront District (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Operations Center (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts (/thread-2803.html)

Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - Farengeto - 07-19-2015

I'm surprised this isn't covered already, but I feel like there should be a policy regarding the creation of multiple accounts. For the average person there is no reason to possess more than one account (exceptions to ones like the vote collector). And in te case of legitimate purposes it's easy enough to have the admins verify that.

This would both create a policy against fake secondary identities, and also against the creation of extra spam accounts (given we have a certan user with 4+ accounts now).

Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - sandaoguo - 07-19-2015

If we conduct a security review on a player and they have multiple accounts, that is a red flag that causes serious suspicion. I would caution against creating multiple accounts for that reason.

RE: Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - Farengeto - 07-19-2015

(07-19-2015, 06:51 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: If we conduct a security review on a player and they have multiple accounts, that is a red flag that causes serious suspicion. I would caution against creating multiple accounts for that reason.

Is there a fomal policy for those red flags? Obviously if they try to acquire citizenship again it violates the charter, but I couldn't find a policy regardng the accounts

RE: Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - Ryccia - 07-19-2015

I know you mean me.

I use them for RP only.

Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - ProfessorHenn - 07-19-2015

Hang on, 4+? I know of only three by Ryccia.

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

RE: Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - Hammerstar - 07-19-2015

Ryccia has 4? which ones?

RE: Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - Ryccia - 07-19-2015

SSFR, Ryccia, Laiwan and Ersil. Those are the accounts I remember.

We do have a "formal" security check process. For obvious reasons, it's not something we'll ever make publicly available in full.

RE: Policy suggestion: Multiple accounts - Farengeto - 07-19-2015

(07-19-2015, 07:30 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: We do have a "formal" security check process. For obvious reasons, it's not something we'll ever make publicly available in full.

I asumed that much, I'm just unaware of the punishment process.

There are no set "punishments." If we conduct a check and the preponderance of evidence suggests that there's a real risk, citizenship is denied. If there is a serious threat to the forum itself (eg. hacking) then obviously an immediate ban is the answer. Anything else is typically handled by the CSS or Cabinet. For example, the admins didn't get involved in the Empire security issue.