The South Pacific
The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Celebration Pavilion (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-97.html)
+----- Forum: The South Pacific Coconut Awards (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-302.html)
+----- Thread: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! (/thread-4838.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - Seraph - 02-06-2017

You walk the red carpet which stretches along the cooling South Pacifican sands.  You smile, you wave, you strut your stuff.  You're at the centre of a constellation of camera flashes and above, a sea of glittering stars.  This is your moment.  It doesn't matter whether or not they call your name from the front tonight, or if you go home with one of the coveted Coco statuettes - though, of course, you'd love to win - because right now you're the centre of attention and all those eyes staring at you are bright and full of love.

Yes.  This is your moment to shine like the stars above you; the moment you've been waiting for:

[Image: Coco_Award_Logo.png]

So, the awards ceremony is going to take place over the next couple of days, leading into the Anniver-Tsu-ry 2017 festival.  I'll give each broad category a post each and you can feel free to react in-character, make a speech, get drunk in the corner, or whatever really.  Let's make a bit of atmosphere and please, enjoy the evening(s)!

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - Omega - 02-06-2017

You see Omega in the back of the room. You walk toward him and realize he's holding a mic and that he's saying something into a camera. He's wearing his standard steel gray suit ([Image: C986_Lapel.jpg]). He's wearing this tie: [Image: il_fullxfull.727266403_17ox.jpg].
He says the following into the camera:
Good evening TSP and welcome to the 2017 Coco Awards! My god is this not exciting! Tonight we will see some of the region's most powerful right here aal decked out and hoping to snag one or two awards. We can't wait to cover all the action, and the drama here tonight! And for all of you at home remember to tweet using #Coco17 and you may get featured here!

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - Griffindor - 02-06-2017

*Pulls up to red carpet from limousine*
*Griffin gets out and the crowd sees his bright red suit, he proceeds to shake the hands of the first few people in the crowd*

"Its great to be here, lets all have a great time and celebrate an amazing year under Tsunamy!"

*Pulls out champagne bottle and glasses from limo*

"Champagne anyone?"

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - Seraph - 02-06-2017

So, as everyone gathers and the Awards Hall fills up, I would like to announce the Assembly Awards, given to those players which have been recognised for their performance within the legislature of the South Pacifc. Each winner will earn one of these sparkling beauties, handcrafted by our resident artist, @Imkihca:

[Image: Coco_Assembly_Award.png]
An Assembly Coco!

So, without further ado, we'll announce the first category, which is the award for Best Debater.  Nominations were unanimous for this player, so it is my pleasure to declare @Belschaft the winner!

Our second award tonight is for the Best Legal Writer and again the nominations were unanimous.  The winner is @sandaoguo!

Next up, the award for Best New Law and yet again the nominations for this were unanimous.  The winner is The Political Parties Act first proposed by @Tsunamy!

The final Assembly award goes to the player with the most nominations for Best Overall Legislator.  There were two players nominated, @Roavin and @Tsunamy...

And, for the first time this evening we have a tie!  The winners are @Roavin and @Tsunamy!

We'll declare the winner of the Chair's Award along with all the other special 'pick' awards at the end of the evening.  Next up will be the RMB Awards, but before then there'll be a (lengthy) recess, so feel free to congratulate the winners so far and discuss the awards!

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - GI-Land - 02-06-2017

The limousine of Gian is standing behind the one of Griffindor.

"Oh man, he takes so long. And now he's giving champagne to everyone.....". He sighed.

Eventually after a few minutes, Gian's limousine got to stop right in such a position, that, if he would open the door, he would step on the red carpet.
He saw all those cameras, he knew, he wouldn't like, but they are there, so he has to go through it.
He opened the door and stepped out of the car. You could see his black suit, with a white shirt and a black tie and put his feet onto the red ground in front of him.
The photographers and journalists weren't really interested in him, so he could walk down the carpet undisturbed.
But in one of the last moments, one of the reporters took a picture.
As Gian saw it inside the building, where the event took place, on Twitter, he saw again, how unphotogenic he was.

However he at least got a seat in the first row, even though it wasn't likely he would win something, but I mean: Come on. Watch some of those celebrations and you'll see, that the winners always have to climb over other persons to get to the stage, so everything's alright.

As the winners of the Assembly Awards were announced, he searched everytime throughout the room, where everyone was sitting. If he discovered one of them, he tried to make eye-contact, made a thumbs-up or cheered the person otherwise. If the person sat near to him, he eventually even congratulated with a handshake and some words like "Congratulations (Insert name), you deserved it!".

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - Spenty - 02-06-2017

*Gets off the limousine*

Dressed in a navy blue suit, he proceeded to go inside the venue. "Don't mind if I do", he blurted while getting a glass of champagne and some cocktail snacks. He congratulated everyone who won in the Assembly Awards and had a little chit chat with them.

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - RandomGuy199 - 02-06-2017

A 1970's car made its way to the ceremony. The man inside, a barman by trade known around town for his shady dealings and questionable business practices, speeded past several checkpoints in his way to the awards. "I must get there ASAP. If my assistant gets there before me, my reputation will be tarnished!" Little did he know that the aforementioned assistant had actually arrived hours before.

He eventually arrived. Getting out of the car, he greeted the photographers in his usual eccentric style, giving out free bottles of SPIT and coupons for free drinks at the bar (they had expired two months ago, but he wasn't telling that). "I still can't believe I was nominated!," he said with a smug face, knowing he was the only nominee for his particular award. He then made his way to the hall, taking a seat in the second row. He drank vodka from a flask hidden in his dark blue suit. "I won't pay those bullshit prices for drinks I can already get for free," he thought. He then waited for the next announcement.

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - The Queen of Auphelia - 02-06-2017

A carriage pulled by a team of twelve Unicorns pulls up to the red carpet. Queen Bluebell, attended by her servants steps out of the carriage wearing a beautiful dark green gown that goes well with her dark hair and pale skin. As she walks down the red carpet she knows that she is not yet important enough to be worth a photograph. But soon technology would not be needed. The Tripods would bring eternal peace to all of mankind, and who was she to question their plans. Her soldiers follow behind carrying dozens of Caps. Soon all of the South Pacific would know the eternal peace that the Tripods would bring. Soon, all would worship the Tripods. ALL HAIL THE TRIPODS!!!

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - The Queen of Auphelia - 02-06-2017

Having successfully Capped all of the staff and servants, Queen Bluebell is happy to hear murmurs of "All Hail the Tripod" mixed into the conversation. The Tripods were taking hold. Soon the eternal peace of the Tripods would travel to every land. Now all she can do is drink her Shirley Temple and wait for the awards to continue. The last awards. With the Tripods in charge the humans would have no need for awards, or technology at all. ALL HAIL THE TRIPODS!!!

RE: The Cocos 2017 - Awards Night! - Ausstan - 02-07-2017

The President of Ausstan, John, drives up to the red carpet. He is acting nonchalant, as per usual, but inside he is nervous. He turns to his aide.
"What is we don't win anything. Won't the public be disappointed?"
"You weren't nominated for anything, sir."
"Ah. Always letting facts get in the way of a good plan. We can just tell the peasants that I won every award. Mwahahahaha!!!"
"Umm, sir, you are no longer king. Remember, the monarchy was abolished by you, and then you ran for president, which you won. You can't censor the media anymore."
"Oh, yes. Well. I suppose I shall just have a few SPITs and enjoy myself then."