The South Pacific
The People's Reform Party - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Downtown South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-57.html)
+----- Forum: Civic and Political Organization Center (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-23.html)
+----- Thread: The People's Reform Party (/thread-5099.html)

Pages: 1 2

The People's Reform Party - Orderea - 05-06-2017

This area is dedicated to discussing The People's Reform Party of The South Pacific.

The People's Reform Party is dedicated to a more active region and a more engaging government that allows more representation by the people for the people. This is our main goal, and to carry it out, we would like to completely reform the current regional officer system and install a congress of 12 members. These 12 representatives would not be allowed to have any puppets or be in the WA (to avoid a conflict of interests) and each would represent a their own district. These would be the districts:

District 1 - Nations beginning with the letters A and B
District 2 - Nations beginning with the letters C and D
District 3 - Nations beginning with the letters E and F
District 4 - Nations beginning with the letters G and H
District 5 - Nations beginning with the letters I and J
District 6 - Nations beginning with the letters K and L
District 7 - Nations beginning with the letters M and N
District 8 - Nations beginning with the letters O and P
District 9 - Nations beginning with the letters Q and R
District 10 - Nations beginning with the letters S and T
District 11 - Nations beginning with the letters U and V
District 12 - Nations beginning with the letters W and X
District 13 - Nations beginning with the letters Y, Z, and any non-letter character
*District 13 would be represented by the WA Delegate

Under this system, District Representatives would serve a term of two months and would be elected by nations in their district.

The People's Reform Party also would like a new WA Delegate. We believe that Tsunamy is an okay-leader, but because of his lack of communication and his hush-hush policies. We would like a People's Reform Party member to take his spot. Tsunamy would be given a district of his choice, however, if he gives up his seat voluntarily.

If you would like to join, DO NOT do it here. Instead, send a telegram to Orderea on the NationStates website.

RE: The People's Reform Party - Ryccia - 05-06-2017

Soooooooooo.......you want to end the Coalition and its existing government as is?

RE: The People's Reform Party - Omega - 05-06-2017

Well, this is fascinating. You should know TSP is very reluctant to change the structure of our government and I'm not quite sure how this would work out.

RE: The People's Reform Party - Orderea - 05-07-2017

We just want people to understand that no restrictions are in place to stop Tsunamy from doing whatever he wants and pulling a Francos Spain. We want the exact opposite, a WA Delegate that can't do anything without public support. That is our main goal after all.

RE: The People's Reform Party - Roavin - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 01:39 AM)Orderea Wrote: We just want people to understand that no restrictions are in place to stop Tsunamy from doing whatever he wants and pulling a Francos Spain. We want the exact opposite, a WA Delegate that can't do anything without public support. That is our main goal after all.

This is already the case, as per our laws.

RE: The People's Reform Party - Seraph - 05-07-2017

Yes, what @Roavin said, however a few of us have been, on and off, considering a representative model of forum-gameside engagement and this is certainly an interesting take on it. It's not without it's flaws, of course. Your mention of denying the representatives puppets only highlights that someone could create innumerable puppets to increase their proportion in the district of their choice, which, even without a voting system in place, could result in them TGing their representative multiple times, as multiple nations, on the same issue.

We can, of course, lock down polling to native WA nations, which reduces this issue, but we can't hold more than one poll at a time, nor prevent people from other districts from participating in one, so we end up with a double issue here: inordinately long polling periods as we go through each of the thirteen districts at a time, and a trickier job for whoever is running each poll in that they'll have to whittle out any nations who do not have the right to vote in that particular poll. The result would be a very political gameside without much room for the fun which characterises our RMB at the moment.

A better option would be to use external regions for each district (yeah, I know, this again) and encourage people to register to vote in their district by creating a nation and moving it there. This would allow for a more complex hierarchy, although there would still be a fair amount of administration work as nations in the district regions would have to be regularly verified as being the voting nation of someone still in TSP (much like checking for legislator status on the forums).

Anyway, I'm just brainstorming here. Thanks for raising an interestiing idea.

P.S. Wouldn't this make the forums the Capitol? >_>

You make an excellent point @Seraph. However, elections will take place on a Google Form instead of using an NS poll and we will turn on IP monitoring. Then, a person would not be able to vote two times.

Plus, we don't want control. That isn't what we are after. We actually don't care if any of the district representatives are PRP or not. We just want a new system that gives the people more control.

RE: The People's Reform Party - Kris Kringle - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 01:39 AM)Orderea Wrote: no restrictions are in place to stop Tsunamy from doing whatever he wants and pulling a Francos Spain.

So that's why you are proposing the system of provincial governance used in the Pacific? You know, the region whose government was established by Francos Spain?

(05-07-2017, 10:33 AM)Orderea Wrote: Plus, we don't want control. That isn't what we are after.

Nonsense. Parties are all about control. How else would you ensure that your reforms pass? You want, no, need people from your party, or who sympathise with it, to agree to this. And that, regardless of what you say, is control.

If I wanted a rebellion, this initiative would be an underground campaign and I would keep the movement a secret. Instead, I am keeping this public and starting a political party to bring nice, positive change to our great region.

RE: The People's Reform Party - Omega - 05-07-2017

I hate to bring this up but you forgot a no option in your poll. I'm sure this was an oversight and will be quickly corrected.