The South Pacific
Office of Assembly Affairs - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Government District (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Assembly of the South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Office of Assembly Affairs (/thread-5131.html)

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - phoenixofthesun14 - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 06:07 AM)Amerion Wrote: I would like to petition the Chair to restrict any substantial discussion on Omega's proposal (and any other proposals which may result from it) to the Assembly's sub-forum. While the Legislators' Lounge in Discord is ordinarily a useful medium of communication, clearly, if we have gained nothing from the last two days in the channel, it is that heated words are more likely to be exchanged in there than on the forum where we can engage in a more civil form of discourse.

Yes, this makes sense. I agree, no more discussion in the #legislators-lounge on Omega's proposal.

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - Amerion - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 10:55 AM)phoenixofthesun14 Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 06:07 AM)Amerion Wrote: I would like to petition the Chair to restrict any substantial discussion on Omega's proposal (and any other proposals which may result from it) to the Assembly's sub-forum. While the Legislators' Lounge in Discord is ordinarily a useful medium of communication, clearly, if we have gained nothing from the last two days in the channel, it is that heated words are more likely to be exchanged in there than on the forum where we can engage in a more civil form of discourse.

Yes, this makes sense. I agree, no more discussion in the #legislators-lounge on Omega's proposal.

Thank you, Madam Chairwoman.

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - Aga - 05-02-2020

Sunday 3rd May - Sunday 10th May.

Feeling burnt out, needing time out of NS.

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - phoenixofthesun14 - 05-03-2020

(05-02-2020, 07:14 PM)Ski Slopes of Agalaesia Wrote: Sunday 3rd May - Sunday 10th May.

Feeling burnt out, needing time out of NS.

Feel better soon Aggie!

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - Omega - 05-04-2020

For record purposes, I have the following questions on the order to suspend debate in #Legislators-Lounge on the debate begun by myself regarding the structure of the MoRA:

Does the order apply to all proposals and not just those brought forward by myself?
Does the order apply to all discussions, including strictly procedural inquiries like those regarding who is drafting legislation, or only to debate on proposals and frameworks?
Is there a point where the order might be revoked?
If yes to the prior point, what indicators would the Chair look at to determine if permitting debate would be appropriate?
If no, why has the CoA come to that conclusion?

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - phoenixofthesun14 - 05-05-2020

(05-04-2020, 04:29 PM)Omega Wrote: For record purposes, I have the following questions on the order to suspend debate in #Legislators-Lounge on the debate begun by myself regarding the structure of the MoRA:

Does the order apply to all proposals and not just those brought forward by myself?
Does the order apply to all discussions, including strictly procedural inquiries like those regarding who is drafting legislation, or only to debate on proposals and frameworks?
Is there a point where the order might be revoked?
If yes to the prior point, what indicators would the Chair look at to determine if permitting debate would be appropriate?
If no, why has the CoA come to that conclusion?

I would like to apologize for the confusion on what I said earlier.  I would like to clarify now, and thank you for bringing this up.

The order applies to any proposal that centers around splitting the Ministry of Regional Affairs due to the heated nature of the argument.  It applies to discussions debating the content of the proposal, not strictly procedural discussions.  The order will be revoked when the debate seems to no longer be so heated, whichever resulting draft goes to vote and passes, or discussion becomes obsolete without going to vote, whichever comes first.

I hope this clears things up!

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - USoVietnam - 05-08-2020

Start Date: 8/5/2020
End Date: 1/9/2020
Reason(s): Studying for an important exam. However I will still maintain regular presence on Discord and gameside and run SWAN. Any promise on any project I do is definitely not guaranteed in this time frame although I will still work on them in my unreliable free time in the coming months.

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - rosaferri - 05-09-2020

Start Date: 10th May, 2020
End Date: 30th May, 2020
Reason(s): Stress, time management complications, health concerns (unrelated to TSP)

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - Kris Kringle - 05-09-2020

Start Date: 09 May 2020
End Date: 24 May 2020
Reason(s): Work and personal obligations.

RE: Office of Assembly Affairs - Jay Coop - 05-09-2020

Start Date: 18 May 2020
End Date: 30 May 2020
Reason(s): Anxiety