The South Pacific
Rebeltopia for Delegate - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Hall of Historical Records (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-141.html)
+---- Forum: Election Headquarters (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-67.html)
+----- Forum: July 2018 Delegate Election (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Rebeltopia for Delegate (/thread-6323.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rebeltopia for Delegate - Rebeltopia - 07-04-2018

Rebel-topia for Delegate

It has come after much consideration that I announce my candidacy for Delegate of the South Pacific. I had hoped to settle into a smaller role (such as Chair of the Assembly) before moving to something bigger, but I have decided that I am needed elsewhere. 

Who is Rebel-topia?
I am the man, the myth, and the legend – and mostly known for being the Coalition’s resident crazy! And while I have been known to run a silly, absolutely nonsensical, not-to-be-taken-seriously campaign, this is not the time for that. I have been in TSP for over 7 years (2011), and have held many different positions in this great region – which I will get into in a moment. 

Why are you running for Delegate?
I have always aspired to be Delegate, and, while I haven’t had the time over the last few years, I have not lost that aspiration. Like I said in my opening, I had started a new campaign to be governmentally active again. The start of that campaign was running for Chair of Assembly, which I conceded to Roavin, because I feel that I’d be the best candidate for Delegate. 

Why should I vote for you?
I have been in many positions (almost all of them) in my 7 years in TSP – I won’t get deeply into ALL of them here, just the more important ones.I started out as MoFA for almost 2 in 2012 – I had won a special election in May. I gained a lot of experience dealing with our allies, and making new ones. Since, I have been Minister of the Army, Chair of Assembly, High Court Justice, CSS, and even a forum admin for a short period of time. But the part I really want to expand on is when Belschaft and I ran for Delegate/Vice Delegate, respectively. I had gotten a big taste of what the delegate does, and how much the region needs to trust whoever holds that position. I gained a lot of respect for those who have held the position, and how hard it was to run the region and the Cabinet at the same time. I saw just what it took to run this region, and I still remember that well.A more direct answer to the question is this; I’m the best person for the job. While at least one of my opponents have been Delegate and in the Cabinet recently, I believe that my lack of Cabinet experience recently will give me fresh eyes on running the region. 

What’s your platform?
It’s pretty simple. The Delegate is the head of state. They’re the liaison between this forum government and the in-game community. They are to work with the LC to moderate the RMB. Most importantly, as Belschaft said, the Delegate is someone who isn’t going to “push the button”. Security is the biggest responsibly.I will help the LC promote activity. I will promote activity within the RMB/WFE for the RMB, the forums and discord. And, most importantly, I will NOT press the button.  

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - New Haudenosaunee Confederacy - 07-04-2018

What do you think gives you a shot at winning this / what do you think gives you an advantage over other candidates?

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - southern bellz - 07-04-2018

You have my full support and endorsement. You have been one of TSPs all time great civil servants over the years, and I I really the region would benefit from someone with your experience and personally being the face of our region.

Thank you for all your service so far and good luck in the election!

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - Rebeltopia - 07-04-2018

(07-04-2018, 08:38 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote: What do you think gives you a shot at winning this / what do you think gives you an advantage over other candidates?

I'm well known on the forums. I haven't run for/won much of anything in the last few years. I'm a "fresh face," but I have the experience to deal with whatever comes my way.

(07-04-2018, 09:46 PM)southern bellz Wrote: You have my full support and endorsement. You have been one of TSPs all time great civil servants over the years, and I I really the region would benefit from someone with your experience and personally being the face of our region.

Thank you for all your service so far and good luck in the election!
Thank you, SB. It means a ton to me to have your endorsement. Likewise, you haven't been a slouch when it comes to service records either Smile

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - The Sakhalinsk Empire - 07-04-2018

While this election I'll support Tim, you'd make a nice Delegate too.  Smile

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - Amerion - 07-04-2018

It's nice to see you running Smile

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - Beepee - 07-04-2018

Hi rebel,

If I may ask a question.

You noted in your campaign. The delgate is

Quote: to work with the LC to moderate the RMB.

You've also said
Quote:I will help the LC promote activity. I will promote activity within the RMB/WFE for the RMB

Given that prior to the start of nominations you had not posted on the RMB for 348 days.

How do you feel your relationship with the LC is and how will you be able to promote activity if your own activity on RMB is limited?

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - Somyrion - 07-05-2018

What are your plans with regards your role in the WA development program that is in the works? How do you see your role in WA and endorsement development? How would you describe your endo-tarting skills?

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - Rebeltopia - 07-05-2018

(07-04-2018, 11:19 PM)Beepee Wrote: Given that prior to the start of nominations you had not posted on the RMB for 348 days.

How do you feel your relationship with the LC is and how will you be able to promote activity if your own activity on RMB is limited?  
Im not as known in-game (especially to most of the newer nations that grace the RMB). I do have some relationship with TSSS, and "oldies" like Curly. Im also a pretty easy guy to get along and work with. I would be a little more laid back when it comes to letting the LC run what the LC runs, and be more of a "Raise endorsements and promote the activity" type.
And promoting activity doesnt just mean RMB posts. Its region-wide activity. Working with the LC/MoRA to host games, contests, bringing people to the forums and Discord channels, etc. I think the activity portions would of the easier parts of the job description.

(07-05-2018, 12:09 AM)Somyrion Wrote: What are your plans with regards your role in the WA development program that is in the works? How do you see your role in WA and endorsement development? How would you describe your endo-tarting skills?
I havent had a chance to talk to Seraph about what he or others are currently working on, so I assume the WA development program would be something to ask him about. My plan for GA/SC would be to bring someone into my camp that is into the WA stuff, and have them advise me where our vote should be. This would have to be done quick, as the lemming effect does exist, and we'd want to take full advantage of that.
Its been quite a while since Ive actively endo-tarted. I am highly committed to getting close to the cap before the election is over. I was once Vice Delegate, and I was also in the CSS - both of which require getting to high endo counts, and holding/raising when necessary.

RE: Rebeltopia for Delegate - Omega - 07-06-2018

Two questions (that I’m asking everyone so yay):

What makes TSP unique?

What will you do if you are not elected Delegate?