We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2016 in America

(03-17-2016, 07:05 AM)Darkstrait Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 02:12 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: I will laugh if it goes Hillary vs Trump and the outcome is negative Happywide
Until Trump starts a nuclear war and Australia as a US ally gets dragged into it...

But we don't have any nuclear weapons. Luckily over here we are smart enough to stop the alliance or something so we don't get dragged into it. 99% of Australia wants nothing to do with Trump or America if he becomes President. That's a fact.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(03-17-2016, 07:16 AM)Zak6858 Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 07:05 AM)Darkstrait Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 02:12 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: I will laugh if it goes Hillary vs Trump and the outcome is negative Happywide
Until Trump starts a nuclear war and Australia as a US ally gets dragged into it...

But we don't have any nuclear weapons. Luckily over here we are smart enough to stop the alliance or something so we don't get dragged into it. 99% of Australia wants nothing to do with Trump or America if he becomes President. That's a fact.

Haha, I diddnt suggest that, or at least I diddnt mean to.. I meant if like China or Russia or North Korea fired against the US, then it would be a defensive war that US allies would be obligated to join.
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17
-Vice-Chair of the APC 6/1/17-4/10/18
-Local Council Member 7/1/17-11/17/17
-Citizen 5/2012-12/2014 and  2/26/16-7/3/2016

If it was Trump, I would be like 'go ahead' to anyone attacking them.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(03-17-2016, 07:25 AM)griffindor13 Wrote: Haha, I diddnt suggest that, or at least I diddnt mean to.. I meant if like China or Russia or North Korea fired against the US, then it would be a defensive war that US allies would be obligated to join.

And while this is true, any country in the world would be completely insane to start an offensive war on their own, especially a nuclear war. Even the US, backed by the largest military alliance in the world, NATO, would be completely insane to start an offensive nuclear war against Russia, China, or even any other world actor. At best, the majority of NATO nations would simply push away from the table and declare their non-involvement, like they did in the Iraq War. At worst, such as an offensive strike against China or Russia, we could very well be looking at the total dissolution of NATO as a whole.

No, Trump wouldn't be so stupid, although I could totally see him whipping up tensions between the US and Mexico.

(03-16-2016, 10:13 PM)Cathalea Wrote: So, Punchwood, apparently Bernie has galvanized nobody into action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did I say that? The point is Hilary is best choice in November.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

[Image: 4c5211c56d0a77b222609b05fad21fee.jpg]

Current Delegate map for the Democrats.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

(03-17-2016, 11:28 AM)Punchwood Wrote:
(03-16-2016, 10:13 PM)Cathalea Wrote: So, Punchwood, apparently Bernie has galvanized nobody into action?

When did I say that? The point is Hilary is best choice in November.

When you said Hillary had gotten the youth vote.

ProfessorHenn
Legislator

Resentine's map up there brings up a pretty interesting point, and that's this: California, with it's 475 delegates up for grabs, still hasn't voted yet.

Right now Sanders is trailing Clinton by 321 delegates. If he can close that gap or even just keep pace with Clinton and then win in a state where over 22% of the state is between 20 to 34 years of age, a demographic which Sanders is popular with, then he could very easily secure the nomination.

In essence, it's not over. In fact, it's not even close to being over, because we still have 3 and a half months left, 25 state primaries, and guess what? California and five other states vote all the way back on June 7th.

The only possible way you can conclude that Clinton will absolutely be the nomination, with no room for error, is if you have a bias.

This party is just getting started.

Should note: not my map, it's one I found on FB and saved on my phone.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Just out of curiosity, is there a map that also includes superdelegates?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System