We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legal Question: LC Authority and Voter Influence

Your honour, if it so please the court;

I cannot help but raise an objection to these legal questions, as I consider them to be addressing political rather than legal matters. Seeing how there are no regulations in regards to what may be sent via regional TG to the region, merely a requirement that the Delegate provide approval for the sending of regional TG's, I cannot see how the Court can rule on these matters. It would be improper for the Court to establish such regulations where there are none in existence, this being a legislative function of the Assembly.

In regards to the third question, which unlike the first two I believe the court can rule, I would argue that by limiting the approval the Delegate can grant for regional TG's to specific approval of individual telegrams an undue burden would be created - the Delegate should be at liberty to make this determination, and should they wish to grant approval for a broad category of telegrams that is their right.

Fundamentally, your honour, I believe that these are political questions, not legal questions. The Court should not become involved in a political disagreement between the office of the Prime Minister and the Local Council Representative to the Assembly.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legal Question: LC Authority and Voter Influence - by Belschaft - 08-03-2016, 05:15 PM