We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA

(12-12-2016, 06:27 PM)Seraph Wrote: I appreciate the rationale, but I think the crossover between these two areas is such that these two ministers would almost certainly end up sharing a team anyway.  This could create a worse situation where the ministers are actually competing for resources.

Yes that is what I believed back when this was originally proposed however circumstances have changed greatly since then. RA is a huge area that very few people are good at everything in it. I think Kris was the only Minister ever to have been able to mange all areas and do well in them and even he struggled with it.

I mean look at yourself you have 4 members in the AC not including yourself and each member is dealing with a different branch of RA. Instead of having 4 different people all in charge of something different and then the Minister to bout why not have two Ministers who can work together? Are you trying to suggest that people can only work in one Ministry?

At the end of the day what has writing up a SJ Issue got to do with planning RMB games? How does CQ link in with promoting regional roleplay? What has introducing new players to the region got to deal with the historical project? The short answer to all those questions is there is no link. RA has too many branches for just one Ministry.

When I was Minister I didn't know how to deal with every aspect, I was more focused on Communications whereas when Feirmont was Minister I think he was better at and focused more on the cultural aspect of RA. As I said to start with I don't think any Minister since Kris has been able to balance this juggling act and Kris dropped a ball or two every so often and that number grew as the number of projects increased. 

A more streamlined two separate Ministries makes much more logical sense. With a Minister who will be much more focused on one area of RA rather than several much more guidance can be given to newer FP members who want to learn about that area, as well as an increase in output and content.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Messages In This Thread
APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Punchwood - 12-12-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-12-2016, 06:27 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Punchwood - 12-12-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-12-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Yuno - 12-12-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Seraph - 12-13-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: APC Sponsored Bill - Splitting RA - by Roavin - 12-05-2018, 08:36 PM