We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Re: "Raider Dictatorship"

To be clear, I'm not attributing his views to the Coalition of The South Pacific, Mr. Delegate, so I don't believe I am blowing this out of proportion.

The Chief Justice has a right to an opinion, but he does not have a right to his own facts. He has made serious accusations in regard to the Osiris Fraternal Order and I don't intend to leave those unaddressed, as allowing the claim that we are "a raider dictatorship" that is intolerant of all other points of view to go unchallenged could do serious damage to our reputation abroad. I have therefore addressed the matter in our embassy, which I assume is an appropriate use of our embassy.

If the Chief Justice will not retract this obviously false accusation, that is regrettable but that is his prerogative. I trust the fact-free nature of his accusation has been adequately demonstrated, so I will bid The South Pacific good morning and wish all of you well.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Raider Dictatorship" - by Cormac - 06-12-2014, 09:09 AM