We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

RE: Administrative Interaction With Unibot

Yuno brought up that he has been seeking to return to the game through appeal to various powerful friends. That information came from her and isn't false or misinformation. 

Unibot has never admitted clearly to his guilt, only in a nebulous post that he made and then deleted. Since then he has only wanted to apologize if he can come back to the game or get something out of it.  That's not genuine.  His lack of admittance is why he can't be banned from the site and can continue to play the game and make posts about regional history in the same place where victims of his sexual harassment would like to be able to play the game without him being there.

He didn't just make mistakes five years ago, he repeated the same kind of behavior one year ago in the words he chose and the type of rumors he spread.  Unibot has a known history of claiming that any female that even talks to him or responds to his hello is being fucked by him in some disgusting manner.  I don't care if you don't care about your reputation but I certainly care about mine and that of my female friends in this game. 

There's a reason Glenn hasn't been shown the evidence, it is because of the perceived close relationship and this "well it's been this much time, he was just a horny guy who didn't know how to deal with it, let it go now" mentality.  There is no diminishing what happened and there should be no avenues back. I don't care if you speak to him on a personal level because that's on you; I do care that he thinks he still has connections to and possible return to the game when I'd like to see him completely gone. 

Victims of sexual harassment do not want to be known by everyone and don't get to roll it off their backs. They do not have to share spaces with players who have no respect for them, their boundaries, or their mental health. There's no "time limit" that resets their clocks and lets them "okay now I feel really good about what happened to me." THEY NEVER HAVE TO ACCEPT AN APOLOGY OR MOVE ON OR ANYTHING THEY DON"T FEEL LIKE DOING. EVER. IDGAF.

So I don't care about bullshit forgiveness because his actions don't show anything about remorse but rather some attempt to excuse his behavior while still being a fucktard. Even if he genuinely did apologize, that doesn't give him access to the game space. NS doesn't need him, its better of without him. Players encouraging him to come back or validating him in any way should stop and make sure he knows he is unwelcome and should never come back and really should have removed himself from NS completely.  Even if he's changed or whatever you want to claim, it doesn't make the community a better place to have him here on multiple counts.

That's what would have showed that he gave two fucks - if he left the game completely so other people didn't feel the need to have to leave or hide or remember when a random douchebag they were polite to spread rumors about cybering with them far and wide because he could. That's the person I feel empathy for and protective towards, that female player, not the douchebag.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

[-] The following 3 users Like Escade's post:
  • Belschaft, Rebeltopia, Tim

Messages In This Thread
RE: RE: Administrative Interaction With Unibot - by Escade - 08-02-2018, 12:22 AM