We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Espionage allegations against Roavin and Islands of Unity

Your honors,

I would like to point out that this group is not in fact an official area of cabinet discussion, and is in fact a private group hosted by a private citizen. 

If this was in fact a governmental group with the intent of communication between a private citizen and the cabinet as Roavin claims, then that would indicate that the roster and members of the group would be established and unable to be changed or affected by one of the members of that group. However I would like to point out that Roavin does in fact have and express control over which cabinet members he wants to be in the group; I was excluded from this group on the wishes of the private citizen who hosts the group from the beginning of my term until only a short time ago. 

If this was an actual government group I would have been included from the first day of my term, and the private owner of the group would have no control over which members of the cabinet are present in the group. This group is owned by a private citizen, and it behaves like a private group. 

Given these facts, I would like to contest that there has been no crime committed by either party, as there is no protection of private conversation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Espionage allegations against Roavin and Islands of Unity - by islands_of_unity - 10-12-2018, 07:45 AM
Finding of Probable Cause - by Kris Kringle - 11-03-2018, 08:53 PM
In-Chambers Opinion - by Kris Kringle - 01-24-2019, 04:14 PM