We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Amendment to Article 4 of the Proscription Act (Judicial Review)

So, here's the thing. I'm happy that the case with Vulturret didn't go further, because that would just have been another shitshow by trolls attempting to troll the region, as was the case with Souls (somewhat successfully, unfortunately).

On the other hand, the principle of the matter bothers me. I don't think there's anything that the Court shouldn't be able to review for legality and adherence, period. I had addressed that here, with some significant discussion, though that kinda died now. I think it would be worth revisiting that, and changing the Court's Mandate in the Charter to universal language that gives the Court a general mandate for review, rather than trying to do an exhaustive list of powers and areas that will most likely be incomplete.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Amerion

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Judicial Review of Regional Prosciptions - by Roavin - 11-13-2018, 09:16 AM