We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Amendment to Article 4 of the Proscription Act (Judicial Review)

(12-23-2018, 04:27 AM)Amerion Wrote: It is not so much the prospect of them appealing which in and of itself would constitute a threat to the Coalition. It is what happens after that concerns me. If we operate on the assumption that the proscription is grounded in facts (as they often are) and the region in question is indeed a threat to the region, then allowing any member of said-region into TSP is a security lapse.

I understand that any proscriptions which are done, even if ruled illegal, are done for good reasons. However, surely there are better legislative fixes than just refusing to allow appeals on region/organisation proscriptions and thus removing oversight from the court. I will try and see if I can think of anything that would alleviate concerns.
Former Associate Justice of the High Court of the South Pacific (4 December 2019 to 5 February 2021)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Judicial Review of Regional Prosciptions - by Nat - 12-23-2018, 05:43 AM