We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint (charge someone with a crime under the Criminal Code) [1901] New Haudenosaunee Confederacy v. Concrete Slab

Your honors,

the resolution of this case violates process. I bring this to your attention here to allow the Court to remedy the violation itself while it is still possible.

This case is a criminal case, and therefore subject to Judicial Act, Article 5, which describes the specific augmentations to the generalized case procedure when applied to criminal cases. This procedure does not include sentencing, but rather is only concerned with whether or not the accused is guilty of the alleged crime. This is by design (and as its principal author, I speak with some authority on the matter). Instead, Article 6 comes in to play, which describes that a sentence is a separate case from the initial case that caused the conviction, in which further evidence or amicus briefs may be brought to argue for specific sentences in front of the court, or for the Court to compel more materials (for example, to determine if the convict's crime was a one-off or part of a pattern of behavior).

I urge the Court to quickly remedy this simple error, and to begin a sentencing case for Concrete Slab.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 7 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Beepee, Bzerneleg, Divine Owl, Lily Pad, Seraph, Somyrion, Volaworand

Messages In This Thread
Indictment - by Kris Kringle - 02-10-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: [1901] New Haudenosaunee Confederacy v. Concrete Slab - by Roavin - 03-22-2019, 10:11 PM
1901.SH - by Kris Kringle - 05-22-2020, 04:40 PM
Sentence - by Kris Kringle - 05-27-2020, 10:11 PM