We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[1914] Appeal of Nakari v. North Prarie and Concrete Slab

(05-20-2019, 03:33 AM)Beepee Wrote: Further evidence is that no further comment has been made on the case for the past 2 months since the decision was reached.

On a purely personal basis, given that I have no participation in this appeal, that is a misrepresentation of the facts. A case is decided when the appropriate ruling is posted; said ruling explains the decision that was reached and explains in detail why said decision was reached, including the evidence reviewed and the legal arguments considered.

The truth is that the case is yet to be decided because a decision is yet to be posted. Until such a time as a decision is posted, the Court is free to change its tentative conclusion, receive additional evidence for its consideration, or otherwise reconsider what it previously thought was legally sound. In addition, the case in question is on hold because the legality of plea bargains is being challenged. It would be unbecoming for the Court to use a power that is under legal review. A lack of activity for the case does not in any way constitute the presence of a decision.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Notice of Reception - by Kris Kringle - 05-01-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: [1914] Appeal of Nakari v. North Prarie and Concrete Slab - by Kris Kringle - 05-20-2019, 02:37 PM