We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Senior Fellow Updates

[Image: Ewbda7L.png]

MEDIA DEPARTMENT

Weekly Report #1

by Kris Kringle, Senior Fellow
07/11/19

Coconut Press
I have encountered an issue with the submissions for the Coconut Press in the sense that, except for Omega's submission, I don't believe any are of sufficient quality for publication. I am using past issues as the standard for the level of quality that I expect for submissions, and that ones that we have quite simply aren't up to the task, in my opinion.

I hope to have a think this Thursday about what kind of submissions I'd want to have for the issue to have a coherent story or sequence, and then make some specific requests and approach specific people (for example, Roavin is good at conducting interviews). I know that Qvait can be rather good at writing, so I hope to have another look at his submission and see how he could rework it; I'm not sure about its current form, but I think the potential is there if we do some work on it.

I would very much like to have at least a few submissions ready and sent for proofreading by the end of the week, aiming at publication or at the very least final formatting by the end of next week.

CocoPress Weekly
As per the plan I outlined for this project, writing for it won't begin until Friday. I have, however, reach out to Prarie, since they expressed interest in CocoPress Weekly we can start discussing how to make it happen. I also plan to ask Graphic Design to prepare a logo for this publication.

I won't have much else to report for this project until I can talk with Prarie and have a better idea of where we stand on it, particularly with regards to the realities of making our first issue.

Real Time
I have already been having a conversation with Omega and Penguin, the hosts of Real Time, about which people we could interview. My hope right now is to start with some of our leading officials, particularly Ministers, and then perhaps begin enlisting some recurrent guests who could talk about regional news in a more panel-like format.

Penguin has a more foreign-centric list of desired guests, which we can definitely look into, but I'd rather hold off on it for a bit, while we get things working well with our own regional guests. If we get that working, it might make it easier to look credible enough to have foreigners agree to appear on Real Time.

I would very much like to have our first podcast for this season this weekend or next week, depending on our hosts' and guests' schedules.

Meet the Region
I haven't dedicated much planning time to Meet the Region, but I would hope to assign time this week to do just that. This would involve figuring out which Fellows have expressed interest in this project and having a meeting with them to see what our expectations are, what the challenges are and how to best implement the project.

I would hope to have a better defined plan by next week's report.

[Image: MHQADbw.png]
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Aga

Messages In This Thread
Senior Fellow Updates - by Aga - 10-28-2019, 02:05 PM
RE: Senior Fellow Updates - by phoenixofthesun14 - 11-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Media Department - Weekly Report #1 - by Kris Kringle - 11-07-2019, 01:12 AM
RE: Senior Fellow Updates - by Jebediah - 11-07-2019, 03:26 PM
RE: Senior Fellow Updates - by Jebediah - 11-13-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Senior Fellow Updates - by phoenixofthesun14 - 11-13-2019, 08:18 PM
RE: Senior Fellow Updates - by Aga - 11-17-2019, 11:34 AM