We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Executive action: Contested election

(03-30-2015, 12:44 AM)TAC Wrote: In cases where no law exists

So yeah, this is quite legal.

Ah, you got me. There's no law about elections anywhere.

But wait - turns out, there is a law for elections, and it clearly defines the election process. And it says this:

Quote:4. The winning candidates during a Cabinet Election race shall be the candidate, when paired up against any other candidate, who would surpass any other candidate in terms of support; if no such candidate exists, the winning candidate shall be determined by an instant-runoff vote.

Oh, and this:

Quote:6. In all elections an option to re-open nominations will be included. For non-judicial elections, if this option receives the most votes the nomination period for that office will be restarted.

Emphasis also mine. And finally this:

Quote:9. For Court Justice and Local Council elections, if the option to Re-Open Nominations receives enough votes to be placed within the winning selection, then the nomination period will be restarted for all seats with lesser votes than this option. The candidates who receive the top votes will win however many seats are left to be filled.

I... fail to see where policy on elections does not exist. This is, as the original post stated, a means of invalidating an election on the basis of feelings, nothing more. There is no legal precedent for this.

Messages In This Thread
Executive action: Contested election - by Tsunamy - 03-29-2015, 11:48 PM