We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Executive action: Contested election

I will do the politically incorrect thing and say that, regardless of how I keep replying, you still still oppose this. Because you simply don't like it, are not approaching this with an open mind, and are not being empathetic with those arguing that the election was not properly handled, or the position the Cabinet is in.

You believe the Cabinet should allow Wolf to take the seat. That is your opinion, and it is a legitimate one. However, the one vote that allowed Wolf's election should have been considered, according to some, and that issue is under contention at the High Court. Until such a time that the Court rules one way or the other, you have no legal basis to argue that Wolf is indeed the legitimately-elected Minister of Foreign Affairs, because there is a 50-50 chance that the election might still be a tie.

So, what the Cabinet just did is say that we still not benefit either candidate (because, like it or not, officially recognizing Wolf would be benefiting him!), and rather will wait until the judiciary solves all outstanding issues. That is a responsible decision, since we should not be institutionally favoring any candidate, while the election is still being contested. Like it or not, it still is.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Executive action: Contested election - by Tsunamy - 03-29-2015, 11:48 PM