We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] King Andrei of Stoinia State Visit to Izaakia

King Andrei was rather shocked at her response. It seemed the President's youthfulness had shown a more erratic side. Or so King Andrei thought at first. Not wishing to jump to conclusions right away, he let the harsh words from the President sink in for a couple of heartbeats. He took another sip from his wine before continuing the conversation.
- "Truth be told... Stoinia at the time was an observer. Despite that status, we likely would have joined in a joint World Forum operation which likely would have been lead by you. However, you boycotted such an operation and went ahead with your own if I recall correctly. Now why should we trust such a partner in military operations that cannot live up to its own words?" He said calmly before continuing. "365... That's the number of soldiers I've lost under my direct command during my military career Mrs. Blanc.  Not a single day goes by without remembering at least one of them. Today I remembered Private Alin Caragiu. He was a wonderful lad with his future right ahead of him. Thinking to build a Zimbron farm one day with a beautiful wife at his side. Yet for whatever reason fate decided otherwise. He died under my command during the Spirasian Civil War by throwing himself on a grenade tossed in an apartment to save refugees." Andrei then rolled up his left sleeve after putting down his suit. He showed a large scar going from the elbow to roughly 20 cm alongside his lower arm. "This I got from a bullet in New Dacia." He then continued to loosen his tie and revealed another such scar, although more sporadic. "This I got from a knife fight in Spiras. So do not accuse for not having the courage of what it takes to do in a war-zone. I've seen men and women lay down their lives in the harshness of wars and I will not have my valor nor theirs be questioned." He began to button up his shirt again after showing his scars. "Nor did the Stoinian government decide to impose sanctions on your nation, because deep down we understood your cause. So please refrain from accusing us of cowardice when we've seen plenty of war ourselves or confusing the actions of our allies with our own. Tell me... Is it so wrong to try and protect the young men and women from the harshness of war? To defend your own people from needlessly throwing their lives away? Or should I just consider all your political statements as just empty words? I came here in good spirit and to tell you that we are more alike than different, but don't ever diverge your own incompetence on us. Stoinia still wishes amicable relations with the United States of Izaakia, perhaps I have been a bit harsh on you. I shall take note of it for the future and phrase my words more carefully." He looked silently for another few seconds before finally trying to ease of the tensions. His point was made after all. "Now I believe it was time for dessert. Unless the direction of conversation has taken away your appetite, perhaps we should continue tomorrow."
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maverick's post:
  • Kliegme

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC] King Andrei of Stoinia State Visit to Izaakia - by Maverick - 07-29-2022, 04:06 PM