We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Rethinking Communities: Forums and Discord

While I have no issues with looking to newer, bigger, better, I do have issues with "what's next". The decision to go to MYBB at the time was absolutely the right decision at the time and I do agree there are way too many sub forums and discord channels, I do have an issue with what technology is "next". Things like javascript support, flash and others are having support removed from browsers everyday due to their insecurity. I have no preference on a BBS, but would prefer one that limits the tech to what browsers actually support. As for self hosting vs cloud, there is always the trust factor of either platform as to if it is backed up properly and who can say what. If it was self hosted, I do feel  making it only accessible thru Cloudflare or equivalent makes it that much more secure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rethinking Communities: Forums and Discord - by QuietDad - 05-06-2022, 11:21 PM