We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Review Request (overturn a decision by a government institution or official) [2209.HR] In-game consent for A2205.05 Amendment to Article XIV

I wish to stress the fact that this should not be made a regular occurrence, but I also acknowledge that in this particular case it is in the best public interest to exercise a certain degree of transparency.

The Court voted in favour of justiciability in the interest of allowing for further opportunity for review. This has no bearing on what the Court may ultimately rule. It is entirely possible that the Court may rule that deference ought to be given to the Chair and that no sufficiently egregious cause was found that would warrant corrective action. It is entirely possible that the Court may rule the opposite. The fact remains that the Court wished to hear those arguments in further detail and that an admitted case is the best venue to do so.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Notice of Reception - by Kris Kringle - 06-02-2022, 03:41 PM
RE: Notice of Reception - by sandaoguo - 06-03-2022, 01:04 PM
Determination of Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 06-05-2022, 11:23 PM
RE: [2209.HR] In-game consent for A2205.05 Amendment to Article XIV - by Kris Kringle - 06-06-2022, 02:10 PM
Summary Order - by Kris Kringle - 06-07-2022, 09:49 PM
Opinion - by Kris Kringle - 07-04-2022, 11:27 PM