We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Belschaft Criminal Case

(02-23-2015, 09:03 PM)Apad Wrote: I can get behind this. My only question would be if 72 hours is, or will be seen as, enough time for the complainant to gather the evidence he will need to present to this court? I personally believe its sufficient time but I wonder if those assembly members who support Bels will cry foul. Any thoughts?

72 hours is a standard time with the court. All he needs to do is provide quotes from the accused that demonstrate facts that are both defamatory and allegedly false, which I believe he already has.

We do have a fairly ambiguous case regarding Cormac though. It's been previously established the forum is court jurisdiction, while as I said Article 4.2 only describes citizens in regard to criminal cases. Do we want to assume the same procedures for non-citizens, or declare his charges invalid? We're setting precedent either way and I'm starting to lean towards allowing it.

Messages In This Thread
Belschaft Criminal Case - by Farengeto - 02-06-2015, 03:24 AM