We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Issue III

Kris misrepresents, or at least misunderstands, my position. My contention is that my actions were not criminal, not that the absence of a trial and conviction makes them not criminal. By declining to press charges yet propagating allegations of criminal activity the individuals in question have created a situation where I am in legal limbo, permanently  accused of being a criminal but never charged with a crime. As such I have been denied an opportunity to be exonerated in a court of law and clear my name.

It was for this reason that my ultimatum was two parted; I demanded that they either press charges or retract their allegations. It was their refusal to do either, insisting on instead making allegations of criminal wrongdoing but declining to substantiate them via prosecution that led to the defamation charges.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Messages In This Thread
Issue III - by Kris Kringle - 02-08-2015, 01:22 AM