We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Charter of the High Court of the South Pacific

1, 3 and 7 amended.

2. I don't see it. Can you tell me where this heading is missing?

4. I suppose we can invoke the excessive absenteeism clause 
Quote:If the Justice chooses to hear the case, it is required to do so in a timely manner. The Justice may issue summary judgments in favour of the defense or prosecution due to excessive absenteeism.
 EDIT: The clause only applies if the player involved was a citizen of TSP at the time when the crime was committed. Otherwise, the charges do not hold. I came to this conclusion after reading Cormac's post and cross-referencing it with this Legal Question, which explicitly states:
Quote:For example, it is possible for one citizen of The Coalition to defame another citizen on the NationStates forums, the forums of another region or on IRC, etc. 
meaning that only persons that were citizens at the time of the crime can be charged

I have confused myself. I'll leave it up to the Justices in the defamation case to decide if the precedent set in this Legal Question should be applied to former citizens due to its inconsistencies.

5. I don't quite understand this either.

Also, is the Criminal Case Procedure understandable? Or is it too lengthy? Because it was Belschaft who wrote that.

I'd also need to fix the formatting. Having articles and subsections within articles make no sense. Can someone make a suggestion on how to change this?

Messages In This Thread