We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legal Question - Formal Apologies

I was going to draft up something for this (finally, had a busy week), but would like the other justices opinions first on one possible issue. 

This query was regarding formal apologies, which at the time of the question were required for defamation charges. This has since been scrapped from the Code as a crime.

However, apologies are still mentioned in the clause for conduct violations:

2. Conduct violations are punishable by immediate ejection and banishment from the region, albeit punished parties may appeal this decision to the court. In most cases, nations that appeal the decision and apologize should expect to have their ban lifted.

As far as I can see, this part is probably not the intent of the original question to be clarified, as this clause is not a required formal apology. I honestly think the question can be dismissed due to the changes to the Code, but just want others opinions on whether this bit is relevant before drafting it up.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Legal Question - Formal Apologies - by Hopolis - 02-20-2015, 05:05 PM