We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Legal Question] Citizenship Delay

This Legal Question is from Todd McCloud

Personally, I think that citizenship applications before 15 March (the day of the elections) should have been accepted, because the law states that

Quote:4. Citizenship applications submitted during election periods will not be processed. In the event that a citizenship application has been submitted prior to the election but not yet processed, the current Vice Delegate may process the application during the election period.

While I acknowledge that there has been precedent of VDs freezing the processing of applications early, now that this has been codified in law, it means that citizenship applications before nomination day (15 March) should be processed. However, the Court must take into consideration that VD Penguin has had some exonerating personal circumstances that may have prevented her from processing these citizenship applications. If that is still preventing her from process the applications, I would strongly urge the Cabinet to designate someone in her place to handle these applications at the earliest convenience.

Messages In This Thread
[Legal Question] Citizenship Delay - by Awe - 03-15-2015, 10:42 AM