We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Executive Action Challenge

Recently, the former Cabinet decided on an Executive Action regarding the recent Minister of Foreign Affairs Election. One of several actions this document declared was that it barred the elected Minister of Foreign Affairs, which is me, from taking his elected seat and declared that elections would be rendered null and void if the High Court could not come up with an appropriate response regarding a legal question surrounding invalid votes during an election.

I was more than willing to wait this crisis out and ignore the dubious legality of the Executive Action, confident that the Courts would rule correctly and justice would prevail. However, the recent crisis in Lazarus has driven me to present this legal question to the High Court so that no future Minister has to deal with being barred from doing his job when his region needs him the most.

So with that in mind, I ask these questions to the High Court:

1) Are Executive Actions allowed to bar the winners of an election, as declared by the Election Commissioner, from taking office?

2) Are Executive Actions allowed to invalidate election results?

3) Was the recent Executive Action, cited above, legal?

I thank the High Court for their time and efforts.

Messages In This Thread
Executive Action Challenge - by Wolf - 04-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Determination of Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 03-06-2021, 12:31 PM