We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[LEGAL QUESTION] Citizenship and The Bill of Rights

I fixed the auto-coloring of some of the text.

I'd also like to suggest adding the following statement to the verdict, as it sums up the courts decision better:

Quote:A specific declaration can be unconstitutional if the reasons cannot be justified, but the act itself does not contradict The Bill of Rights.

In regards to the term "security threat", I'd like to direct your attention to Article 7.2 of The Code of Laws which defines "hostility" towards the region:

Quote:For the purposes of this article, hostility shall constitute foreign regions or organizations that (1) were actively involved and complicit in an attempt, successful or otherwise, to illegally overthrow the legitimate government of The South Pacific; (2) have coordinated efforts to directly exploit the elections or Assembly of The South Pacific; (3) groups that have engaged in or have attempted to engage in coordinated espionage against The South Pacific government or military; or (4) groups that have or have attempted to sabotage The South Pacific's military operations.

When an individual/group commits, attempts to commit or has a history of any of the above acts (while not necessarily aimed at TSP), they can be considered a security threat which I'd like to point out Dalimbar and other members of The Empire that were declared security threats before the idea of adding The Empire to the prohibited groups list was conceived.

Messages In This Thread