We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

S1E6 - Election Results, New Cabinet Policies, Evaluating the Outgoing Cabinet

I realise some may have a different opinion, but as I said in the panel, I don't think you were inactive, but rather had a different approach to the delegacy. As you said in your campaign, you viewed the position as an enable of ministerial policies, rather than a policymaker. I consider both approaches to be valid, though obviously some prefer one and others prefer the other.

I think there is also an issue of inactivity and the 'appearance' of inactivity. Since your approach was more hands off, some people would naturally think you were inactive. That wasn't necessarily the case, since you did a lot of work behind the scenes, but not everyone would know that. Hence, as QuietDad rightly pointed out, the need for the Cabinet to account for its progress during a term.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread