We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Interview with Awe - Part 1

I don't know if it's what we need, I'm willing to consider it because the way our system is functioning is not working for our regional culture.

I think every person who has been here long term can agree this is becoming a major problem and maybe a system focusing on more collective rule could change that.

Everytime there are strong decisions that are made without community input this region becomes toxic. It doesn't matter what the decision is, and I am even a party to this.

Just examples off hand. When Hile banned Unibot, when we had the admin shake up, Milograds Parole, how Bel's situation was handled. The recent court decision. Every time this happened this made the region toxic for extended periods of time and not people are leaving over it.

What to all of these have in common? They are decisions by minority that impacts the majority, and people feel disenfranchised over them. Then the people who made the decision feel defensive. It's all normal behavior.

I feel like I've seen more ideas than I ever have in TSP recently, yet almost no discussions. People are almost talking at each other and not with each other, and I feel that this has to do again with our system where if you lose an election you have no involvement with your favorite part of TSP. The winner dictates if you can even be involved.

Call me crazy, but we've had much more bitter arguments in this region in the assembly that once everything was voted on, people dropped the issue because they accepted it as a community decision.

This may not be the answer to this but I don't think we need a cabinet or justice system as we have it now. I think we need to take the CSS as an example of how we can do foreign affairs. Where we nominate committees to handle relations, and the assembly has to approve it.

Yes things will be a little slower and it's just a shell of an idea, but I think it would help this region remember we are a community first and a government second and actually put us on a path of shared purpose.
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

Messages In This Thread
Interview with Awe - Part 1 - by Kris Kringle - 08-27-2015, 01:29 AM