We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Myanmar/Burma Historic 2015 Elections

You might or not heard it in the news: it is a historic time for Myanmar, also known as Burma.

The Southeast Asian nation is holding its first fair elections after 50 years of almost uninterrupted dictatorship- either by Ne Win or the military(I wouldn't call the 1990 elections fair because the military did not recognize the results, and established another dictatorship).

The NLD is expected to make huge advances in this election, and maybe even sweep the floor with the ruling, military-backed USDP in Parliament.

What is your opinion on this?

I am very excited. Even though I had heard almost nothing from Myanmar/Burma, the NLD can be the key to a new nation for them. I want the NLD to win. 

And, maybe, who knows? Maybe now the Rohingya will get citizenship! And a fair nation will be Myanmar's/Burma's future!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Messages In This Thread
Myanmar/Burma Historic 2015 Elections - by Ryccia - 11-09-2015, 02:26 PM