We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[LEGAL QUESTION] Duties of the Chair

Esteemed Justices:

In view of the recent debate in the Assembly of the South Pacific, I'd like to submit the following legal question for your consideration:

Does the Chair of the Assembly have the power under Article 3, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Charter of the Coalition of the South Pacific, which relates to his or her duties in administrating the drafting, debate and passage of legislation, to correct spelling and numbering mistakes, once bills are being voted on, or once legislation has been passed?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
[LEGAL QUESTION] Duties of the Chair - by Kris Kringle - 05-01-2014, 03:48 PM