We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[RELEASED] Separating Regional Affairs – Party Discussion

I would like to see the party’s view on this.

I now believe that RA should be broken up into two separate Ministries, a Communications and Integration Ministry and a Cultural Ministry. It was at one point suggested to the Assembly, I opposed it at the time however I have since changed my mine.

RA has so many responsibilities now and it has become overwhelmed. I think Kris was the only Minister who was good at all aspects of the Ministry and even he struggled and couldn’t do everything at times. For example right now in the Ministry Seraph has had to appoint many different members to his Advisory Council as he can’t manage everything himself and he is not good at everything that the Ministry deals with. I believe by viewing him as a Minister that he is more suited towards Cultural events rather than Communications despite being good at proof-reading.

When I was Minister I struggled with all the different aspects of RA. I much prefer Communications and as Minister prioritised that and I tried my best just to forget about festivals, cultural events and so on because I was never really that interested in them. I know that was bad, but as Minister you work on the issues you really want to accomplish, and you push the other issues to one side.

By separating the Ministries I believe we would get a lot more content and much better quality content. By reliving some of the stress and pressure that Ministers are under they can work much more efficiently and concentrate on parts that they themselves are very good at. It would also be better organised and more streamlined.

A Communications and Integration Minister could work solely on those aspects and not get distracted by having to at the same time, help planning for a festival. While a Culture Minister would just have to focus on planning festivals, RMB games, events competitions etc. So much more work could be done I believe by having two separate Ministries.

So what do the rest of you think? If this is something that we all agree on, or at least a high majority then we could add it to both our official manifesto but also our election manifesto. We could also propose the legislation for it and show that the APC can work as a governable party and would be good in government and give good ideas. But I’m jumping the gun a bit here, we first need to know everyone’s view on it first!  
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Messages In This Thread
[RELEASED] Separating Regional Affairs – Party Discussion - by Punchwood - 11-30-2016, 05:33 PM