We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Change of the Local Council

(02-01-2017, 06:28 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: Well, it's worth noting that the constitutional changes haven't actually been sent over to the LC yet. So we could hold off on that until we pass this amendment.

As for the language, if you're just intending on moving the amendment part to the LC section, then we could just use the same language, right?

"3. The Local Council may originate amendments to the Charter, if those amendments are about the structure of the Local Council, which must be debated and voted upon in the Assembly."

Is that language more clear? The idea is that the only Charter amendments the LC should be dealing with are about itself. They shouldn't be passing amendments, for example, trying to ram through major changes into LC-Assembly relations (like voting more on the RMB!). If they want to increase the number of LC members, though, then that's something they can pass. If they want to enshrine the way the LC Rep votes in the Assembly into the Charter, that's something they can pass. That kind of stuff.

Everything else should be solely about RMB-related issues. The major reform we passed ends the debate about whether or not more and more government should move from the forums to the RMB. There are two spheres, LC and Assembly, and they each are limited to their own little bubbles. They overlap a tiny bit with the LC Rep and that's it. The laws each pass shouldn't have anything that touches on the other.

Perfect. Done. As was clarified at the beginning of the thread, I didn't even know where this clause initially was hence ... I wrote my own.

As such, I'm more than happy making that the third clause there.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
Change of the Local Council - by Tsunamy - 01-31-2017, 10:31 AM
RE: Change of the Local Council - by sandaoguo - 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: Change of the Local Council - by Tsunamy - 01-31-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: Change of the Local Council - by Roavin - 02-01-2017, 06:19 AM
RE: Change of the Local Council - by Tsunamy - 02-01-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: Change of the Local Council - by Roavin - 02-01-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: Change of the Local Council - by Tsunamy - 02-01-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Change of the Local Council - by sandaoguo - 02-01-2017, 06:28 PM
RE: Change of the Local Council - by Tsunamy - 02-01-2017, 08:52 PM