We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Ammendment] Election Act - Local Council Elections

(02-20-2017, 12:07 PM)Belschaft Wrote: I honestly don't see how this isn't a matter for the Assembly as well as the in-game region; once again, I must remind people that the in-game region wants a closer relationship with the government and better integration, not greater separation. The government of the South Pacific can't simply keep saying "If it happens in the region it's nothing to do with us" and expect to remain the government of the South Pacific. It's not realistic.

I'm not sure anyone is saying that. Glen said that this should be left in the hands of the Local Council, because Local Councillors are likely to have a better idea of how Local Council elections should be handled. I'm not sure how devolving decision making to the Local Council to address a matter that is clearly more in their wheelhouse is promoting separation, so much as trusting and empowering the Local Council. Why would the Assembly legislate on a matter the Local Council is more competent to address?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Ammendment] Election Act - Local Council Elections - by Cormac - 02-20-2017, 02:49 PM