We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Auphelia is Corrupt

A nice Discord conversation that helps further explain:
Quote:Beepee: hi NHC, I still don't see anything in your new responses which constitute corruption. Rather it appears you are frustrated with Auphelia and/or her interpretation of rules. At the moment I don't intend to add anything else to my previous statement. You've expressed frustration with the rules, why don't you propse new rules/laws. I'd be happy to assist you in drafting them if you'd like?
NHC: I've basically already tried to do that. What I'm saying does constitute corruption, perhaps I'm just not wording it correctly. My most recent post describes how she basically is the local council because she overrules and ignores the other local councillors. Essentially, that gives her control over the local council and makes her the only voice there, which definitely benefits her.
Bepee: Hi NHC, re new rules: just because something didn't work the last time doesn't mean it won't this time.  Why don't you dm me what you had the last time or send me the link and we can have another go at getting it through.
NHC: DM you what? Oh the rules?
Beepee: You said "I've basically tried that" to getting new rules for LCs  through.  So you must have something drafted up to work from? Yup
NHC: I never actually made a full draft, although I've requested change.
Beepee; Well why don't we have a go?
NHC: That won't work, unless Auphelia isn't elected. If we reelect Auphelia, she's just gonna do the same **** she's doing now. We could try to get to Midand or Havenfell, but then Auphelia won't give a crap and will keep classifying random things and flaming/trolling. Havenfell is also likely offline.
Beepee: I think we want LCs to be active. I think we're all running on a platform of "we're on here all the time". Contradictions are not the same as corruption and the way to deal with that is better rules.  In my statement to the court I said Midand's rules are good but they don't give anyone on RMB recourse.  That's the basis of us needing to change the law. The Charter also allows us to define flaming and trolling, which roavin's done some.work on for forum side, we can pull that in too.
NHC: Yes, I know contradiction isn't corruption. The problem is the stupidly crazy amount of contradiction that basically gives Auphelia control over the LC. I agree with you there too, Midand's rules are good. They just aren't specific enough, so Auphelia can interpret them in stupid ways to the point of tyranny.
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?

Messages In This Thread
Notice of Reception - by Kris Kringle - 06-25-2018, 12:06 AM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by Beepee - 06-25-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by Kris Kringle - 06-25-2018, 07:50 AM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by Beepee - 06-25-2018, 09:05 AM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by New Haudenosaunee Confederacy - 06-25-2018, 11:23 AM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by Kris Kringle - 06-25-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by Midand - 06-25-2018, 05:45 PM
Auphelia is Corrupt - by Kris Kringle - 06-25-2018, 06:28 PM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by Beepee - 06-25-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by North Prarie - 06-26-2018, 09:41 AM
RE: Auphelia is Corrupt - by Kris Kringle - 06-26-2018, 10:43 AM
Determination of Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 06-27-2018, 05:23 PM