We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Statement from Forum Administration on the Ban of Tim and Escade

(08-29-2018, 03:01 PM)Drugged Monkeys Wrote: Having not been active in the region since April, I cannot speak to the events surrounding this sudden ban.
I do however have several questions related to it regarding the evidence, and circumstances surrounding it.
- Will the evidence be shared with either banned party?
- Will the evidence be shared with the region at large?
- What, if any, warnings were issued to the banned parties prior to them being banned?
- If no warnings were issued prior to an outright ban, what historical precedent was used to come to that conclusion?

If the Administration Team would please review these above questions and provide a response, it would be greatly appreciated.

I both want to support and contest what Glen said here. Regardless of "giving anyone ammo," it's simply impossible to lay this out in any way that's going to be effective. It was a continually build up of things and hostility. For two of the more recent examples, we have the continued smearing of Glen through his friend with Unibot and the assertion that Roavin was purposefully delaying votes.

While both questioning the admin relationship with Unibot and questioning Roavin's job as fine, in of itself, it just so happened to grave dig the Glen-Unibot thread after admins reached out and asked the users to apologize/clam down, which clearly speaks to the bad faith that thread was created in.

Regarding sharing the evidence with the region at large, while I would love to, I do think it's best we don't air the complaints in the open with permission. However, I will say various high ranking and highly respected players made complaints and, I think the responses of to this thread support the decision.

Finally, the parties were warned and invited to essentially apologize and just come to some semblance of civility. I'm not going to claim to know anyone's motives, but the response the admins were given from Escade included a defense of Discord posts from more than a year ago and Tim said he would be busy all week with IRL (which, certainly is understandable), only to post frequently in the FA forum.

Regardingless of the warnings, I think its important to note that this is a historical anomaly. The only other thing I can think of is when Fudge banned LR ... 12 ... 13 ... 14 years ago? 

I also want to reiterate this is a gut-wrenching decision. Admins discussed it, decided on a course of action ... and, to be honest, I was still quite hesitant to do it. However, after us trying to reach out and smooth things over, we received another, unsolicited complaint from an long-time, well-respected and thoroughly unbiased member of the region. And that point, it was clear to me that something had to be done.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tsunamy's post:
  • Rebeltopia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Statement from Forum Administration on the Ban of Tim and Escade - by Tsunamy - 08-29-2018, 07:32 PM