We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[APPEAL] Proscription of the Ragerian Imperium

Greetings to the High Court,

Given that the Proscription Act vests "individuals subject to a proscription" with the authority to "challenge the issuing authority's determination of hostility in the High Court," (this is in accordance with (1) of 4) I wish to challenge the proscription that is legally barring me from maintaining a nation in the South Pacific due to my membership in the Ragerian Imperium. 

For reference (as the Prime Minister chose to post the proscription in a rather inconvenient place), the proscription of the Ragerian Imperium could be found here, and reads as follows:
Quote:Finally, the region The Ragerian Imperium shall be considered regionally proscribed. This region is a merger of several regions including the aforementioned H Y D R A and had included McMannia in a high-level leadership position up until very recently; this continuity may, on its own, qualify for a determination of hostility equal to that of H Y D R A. Furthermore, on July 26, 2018, Emperor Vulturret openly admitted on the NationStates Gameplay forum that they had considered, if not outright ordered, intelligence missions into the South Pacific, constituting hostility missions as per Section 3 (espionage).

First, this statement fails greatly in meeting the following requirement: "(2) A proscription must be issued publicly, and be accompanied with a report detailing the hostile acts. All extant proscriptions must be publicly visible at all times." The above small amount of text can hardly be described as a "detail(ed) report." If this constitutes detailed, I'm not sure why I ever write more than one paragraph for anything. 

Second, I disagree that "Emperor Vulturret openly admitted on the NationStates Gameplay forum that they had considered, if not outright ordered intelligence missions into the South Pacific, constituting hostility missions as per Section 3 (espionage)." The statement in question that I made in no way constituted hostility. This is a clear-cut fact. I never admitted that "they" (being TRI) engaged in any operation against the South Pacific or even intended to. Any allegation that I did such is demonstrably false.

Third, I do not believe that "this continuity may, on its own, qualify for a determination of hostility equal to that of H Y D R A" is a correct statement. Although H Y D R A willingly ceded to the Ragerian Imperium, they are still two separate entities. The leadership changes from H Y D R A to the current TRI leadership have been immense, with Admiral McMannia no longer serving in the Armada.

In closing, I believe the Cabinet fails to meet its requirement to provide a "report detailing" the "hostile actions" committed by TRI, as it is legally required to do so. It doesn't detail any actions, rather it references a post I made in which I did not do what the Cabinet claims (and indeed I have never edited the post recently). Further, all the allegations made in the proscription are false and can be proven such. With this in mind, I ask the Court to consider my appeal of the proscription that prevents me from engaging in the South Pacific.

Thank you.
Vulturret
Emperor of The Ragerian Imperium

Messages In This Thread
[APPEAL] Proscription of the Ragerian Imperium - by Vulturret - 11-03-2018, 02:14 AM
Determination of Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 11-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Opinion of Non Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 11-10-2018, 11:07 PM