We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Nomic

There was some interest in #lampshade-bar about a nomic game. This is a good page about Nomic, but the TL;DR is that Nomic is a game whose sole mechanism is changing its rules.

Unfortunately, nomic can get very slow-paced, so I suggest tweaking the initial rules a bit for our purpose. I'm thinking of the following tweaks:
  • We have a permanently appointed Judge. The judge may not be a player.
  • Rather than having turns for each player, there are rounds of 24 hours where each player may propose one rule change and vote on the previous day's proposed rule changes
  • At the end of a round, the judge will consider a player's most recent post that explicitly declares itself to be their play for that round, and only if that post has not been edited.
  • If the judge deems that two rule changes passed in a single day are in conflict, the judge will discard the one with less positive votes. If they are tied, the judge will discard the later rule change proposal.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these tweaks, and generally whether or not you are interested.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Rebeltopia

Messages In This Thread
[DISCUSSION] Nomic - by Roavin - 04-11-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: [DISCUSSION] Nomic - by Seraph - 04-11-2019, 07:05 AM
RE: [DISCUSSION] Nomic - by Roavin - 04-11-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: [DISCUSSION] Nomic - by Roavin - 04-11-2019, 04:46 PM
RE: [DISCUSSION] Nomic - by Roavin - 04-11-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: [DISCUSSION] Nomic - by Roavin - 04-12-2019, 12:45 PM
RE: [DISCUSSION] Nomic - by Somyrion - 04-13-2019, 04:55 PM