We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Opinion: Once in a gametime opportunity

(06-13-2019, 02:46 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: Belschaft is basically saying we have to come up with a justification that defending is “in our interests,” which is the same nonsense that’s been holding things back all this time. There’s actually nothing wrong or boring or stale or whatever about TSP going Defender by just... defending. There doesn’t need to be a special flavor, especially when it’s pretty obvious the goal there is to water down how much actual defending we’ll do, like with the “forcibly turn regions democratic” idea in the other threads. Or now, with the idea that we’ll impose a limit on how much we can defend by saying we’ll only defend pre-existing democracies.

I mean, perhaps I'm naive here but I think defending is in our interests because — I would hope, at least — we'll have closer relations with the various regions the future. No?

And, again, my effort, at least, isn't to water anything down. It's simply to delineate why we're doing this and Somy suggested.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 3 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Poppy, Rebeltopia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion: Once in a gametime opportunity - by Tsunamy - 06-13-2019, 04:07 PM