We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Gems from spawncamping Bandcamp

I got sick of just listening to the same stuff I love over and over again. The Google Play suggestions I was getting, frankly, sucked. I then remembered that I used to follow a blog (that has since shut down) that would review any music that the artist sent to them, and I remember that I found some really nice stuff through that. With that blog gone, I figured there is another way I could go about this - Bandcamp.

Since I've mostly been in a prog metal mood, I've been searching Bandcamp for Progressive Metal, New Arrivals, Digital Format and just looking at the things that crop up. There is some unpleasant stuff there, sure, but once again, I was amazed at just how much great and fantastic music there is out there, hidden in plain sight.

So in this thread, I'll just start posting the gems I find with a brief description. Mostly prog metal because that's what I'm into right now, but who knows. Comments and other submissions from bandcamp encouraged, and if you like what you hear, why not give the artist some love? They could surely use it more than those that are sitting on the stream revenue of a hundred million spotify plays.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

Messages In This Thread
Gems from spawncamping Bandcamp - by Roavin - 01-27-2020, 07:44 AM
RE: Gems from spawncamping Bandcamp - by Roavin - 01-27-2020, 07:48 AM
RE: Gems from spawncamping Bandcamp - by Roavin - 01-27-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: Gems from spawncamping Bandcamp - by Roavin - 01-22-2021, 12:07 PM