We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legal Question (interpret the meaning and application of a law) [2107.HQ] Legality of Concrete Slab running for LC in the upcoming November

HIGH COURT OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC
CASE SUBMISSION

I, Concrete Slab, respectfully submit the following case for consideration by the High Court. I hereby state that the information within this submission is true to the best of my knowledge, and that there is no malicious intent or vexatious nature to it. I further promise to make myself available to any future questions or request from the Court in order to ensure that this case is fairly considered.

REFERENCE NAME
Legality of Concrete Slab running for Local Councillor in the upcoming November 2021 elections..

ARGUMENT
Article 3 Section 9 of the Local Council Election Law states,

"Any Local Councilor can serve a maximum of two consecutive terms. If they serve that maximum, they must wait for one full term before they can run in a regularly scheduled election for the Local Council again. Any member of cabinet must wait one full Local Council term after leaving the cabinet before they can run in a regularly scheduled election for the Local Council."

I was elected to the Local Council in March of 2021 and served my full term. However, I did not run for reelection in July and the nations of Erinor, PenguinPies, and Murelia were elected to serve. However, Erinor resigned from his post and I was elected to fill his spot. My legal question is thus:

REQUEST
Does Article 3 Section 9 of the Local Council Election Law prevent me from running for the Local Council in November, even though I have not served two full terms?

Submitted to the High Court of the South Pacific
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
TSP Legislator and Citizen
Ambassador to the League 
Author of GAR #471, #479, and SCR #271
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 1 user Likes Concrete Slab's post:
  • Belschaft

Messages In This Thread
[2107.HQ] Legality of Concrete Slab running for LC in the upcoming November - by Concrete Slab - 09-29-2021, 02:53 PM
Notice of Reception - by Kris Kringle - 09-29-2021, 05:50 PM
Determination of Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 10-06-2021, 09:32 PM