We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[APPEAL] Proscription of Ever Wandering Souls

At this time the petitioner has a few questions for the Court before delving into the substance of the Cabinet's reply, I respectfully submit these questions to the Court with the hope that the Court can provide guidance to expedite this proceeding.
  1. How is a conversation between Ever Wandering Souls and Imki confidential and thus not subject to open disclosure to this court if the conversation is between Imki and the person who the Cabinet is refusing to disclose it to?
  2. What is the legal effect of the Cabinet admitting in its above answer that it accused Ever Wandering Souls of not only a crime in this region (blackmail), but also of a frankly disgusting OOC action only to admit that it was lying? I cannot stress enough how important this question is for the Court, the Cabinet (which prides itself in its answer on its knowledge of the laws of this region) presumably knows what blackmail is, and presumably knew when it proscribed my client what it was accusing my client of. As such, I humbly recommend that this Court answer my above question by taking Judicial Notice of either the fact that the Cabinet acted maliciously towards my client, or in the alternative, that the Cabinet is ignorant of publicized laws of the region. 
  3. Will this Court give my client any meaningful chance to respond to the accusations laid out by the Cabinet in Item E? At this time the Cabinet has accused my Client of apparently doing something, but will tell no one what that something is. While fully understanding that regional security is of importance, we have already established that the Cabinet either does not even know what blackmail (a defined term in the legal code) means, or that the Cabinet is malicious towards my client. The Cabinet states that this intelligence "suggests" the existence of acts. If there is to be a fair review of this Cabinet action then I must at least be told in some way what my client is accused of doing.

I thank the Court for its time, and I sincerely apologize to the Court for the display put on by the Cabinet above. It is not the intention of this party to turn this proceeding into a "shit show" and the Cabinet's not-so-subtle attempt to suggest otherwise while sarcastically claiming the opposite was nothing more than an attempt to drag this proceeding into the muck to distract from the key issues.

Once the Court has had a chance to read over the answer by the Cabinet and had a chance to either respond to or explain a dismissal of my questions I will commence the main response on behalf of my client.
[Image: 5yCbAZM.png]
Former Major and Head of Military of The Black Hawks
Former Colonel of DEN Central Command
Former Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Patriarch of House Isaraider
Charter Nations of Antarctic Oasis

Messages In This Thread
RE: [APPEAL] Proscription of Ever Wandering Souls - by Mall - 08-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Opinion of the Court - by Kris Kringle - 09-12-2018, 09:10 AM