We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Improve Prime Minister Powers

(08-10-2018, 06:24 PM)Pencil Sharpeners Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 11:13 AM)Belschaft Wrote: This is no different to when the Delegate acted as head of government; in my second elected term I had problems relating to Foreign Affairs, due to my desire to take a stronger position on Lazarus than the Minister of Foreign Affairs did. I believe that history vindicated my posisition, but at the time I lost the debate on the issue. We moved on and got on with other business. 

I think Bel has hit the nail on the head regarding the current problems with toxicity. In a political game, sometimes you lose arguments (even if you're right), and it's up to the individuals involved to accept that and move on (even if it's begrudging). A combination of stubbornness and egotism may be the root of our problems, not the power of the PM. (Not that I'm necessarily opposed to this amendment, but I don't think it would have fixed last term's issues).  

This.

We can rehash why we changed from delegate\vice delegate system to the new one (security, the fact that ministers sometimes could CTE without people noticing etc) but at the end of the day - the problems from last term have been part and parcel of TSP cabinets since the original forums (which you can also peruse to see some of those fights). What changed this last term was the utter control issues one PM had and let's not give PMs anymore avenues of exhibiting dictatorial functions.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

[-] The following 1 user Likes Escade's post:
  • Borovan6

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAFT] Improve Prime Minister Powers - by Escade - 08-15-2018, 12:40 AM