We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Improve Prime Minister Powers

I know I'm new here, but I've been reading this intently and want to jump in. If I get something wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know! 

I think it is fascinating that we elect ministers to the cabinet instead of having them be appointed like in most real governments. I'd personally like to hold on to that. I think a proposal like Tim's (which I'm unclear if he withdrew or not), does a really good job of keeping that unique structure intact. While I think Bel's proposal would be pretty effective at increasing government efficiency and cohesion, sometimes designing a system that requires members compromise with each other to succeed is just as good.

I also think there's something to be said for keeping legislation as succinct as possible. These are just my thoughts. If they were to go to vote today, I'd probably lean towards Tim's proposal, if it is still on the table. Only because I'd rather see a proposal that leaves the odds in favor of the Ministers over the PM.
FaeBae
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeBae's post:
  • Escade

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAFT] Improve Prime Minister Powers - by FaeBae - 08-20-2018, 08:29 PM