We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Statement from Forum Administration on the Ban of Tim and Escade

Thanks for the response.
Again, having been away from the region during the course of these events near as I can tell, I cannot speak to the specifics of this situation.
But having been part of group admin discussion in the past, I'm aware that it is typically never a sudden response unless the accusations are extreme (i.e. sexual harassment). From the outside looking in, and with tribal knowledge of administration bans, is it not typical to issue formal warnings prior to a swift outright ban?
Based on the detail you provided, I'd disregard the "political IC act" as not relevant in this discussion, but rather as something that may be taken in the wrong context.

Another point I'd like to discuss, if the admin team would care to reply, is why Tim and Escade have been grouped together in this ban.
Why not issue separate bans for each individual? Surely their actions cannot be identical, and along the same timeline. Unless that is the case.
It appears by the language of the OP that Tim and Escade acted as a unit to disrupt the community, can this be clarified further?

I bring up these points, not to stir the pot or create further animosity, but to try and understand how such a serious event could occur. Banning two long-term members of the community is no small action, and based on the information provided to this point, I do not see how the admin team could come to this decision. Not without official warnings, or some sort of short term punishment rather than an eight month ban.

As a community, thing have never been easy in TSP. History shows that toxicity has been a part of TSP's DNA for quite some time. The lines between IC politics and OOC attacks have been blurred for years, not months.

As a long time member of this community, I'd hope the admin team is willing to provide additional information related to this situation and the points I have raised above.
Semi-Unretired

Messages In This Thread
RE: Statement from Forum Administration on the Ban of Tim and Escade - by Drugged Monkeys - 08-29-2018, 07:38 PM